• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

About Me

Found 5 results

1. WHMCS Dynadot Registrar Module Author: Myles McNamara (get@smyl.es) Current Release: 2.0.0 Go to GitHub for latest release, WHMCS does not allow us to update original posts! The only Dynadot WHMCS module I could find was old, outdated, and really didn't even work anymore.Because the only thing that worked was to register a new domain name, I decided to go ahead and create a new module myself. If there is an update available you will know when you login to your WHMCS installation as you will see an update notice: Features Installation All of these files need to be placed inside a directory called dynadot inside the /modules/registrars directory of your WHMCS installation.The ultimate installation should be /modules/registrars/dynadot. You can use git to clone the repo: git clone https://github.com/tripflex/whmcs-dynadot.git dynadot Or download the lastest release and unzip to the /modules/registrars directory. Setup You must first configure the module with your API key from Dyandot, go to Setup > Products/Services > Domain Registrars and enable the Dynadot module.You then need to click on Configure and enter your API key. Get your Dynadot API key here Troubleshooting I purposely put plenty of debugging inside of this module, so if you go to Utilities > Logs > Module Log from the menu in your WHMCS installation, once you enable debug logging you will see plenty of debug output from the module. If you still have issues, find a bug, or want to suggest a feature/enhancement, post it here on GitHub.
  2. So what does this addon mean? It means your customers can give out promo codes, AND no longer have to use those ugly affiliate links! We all know customers will make sure to use a promo code ... but will they make sure to use your link? No, not always. Enter WHMCS Affiliate Coupons In my opinion this is one of the best and one of my favorite addons -- the original version Affiliate Coupons by Frank Lazslo: http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?31020-Affiliate-Coupons Unfortunately the addon has not been updated recently (and completely understandable), I decided to go ahead and put it up on my GitHub and start working on it. Latest update should be fully compatible with WHMCS 5.2+ So here's what's been updated so far: Updated Affiliate Cookie ID Updated Hook Cookie ID Updated Default Template Updated Client Area HTML/CSS Output Planned Updates: Restructure to only addon module Update admin area configuration, and layout Update templates and output Got an idea? Well post it on GitHub under issues! So what are you waiting on!? It's open source, so check it out on GitHub, and if you're feeling froggy, contribute as well! https://github.com/tripflex/whmcs-affcoupons NOTE: If you're using WHMCS 5.1 you will have to use the branch in link below, 5.2 has changed and the master branch is not compatible with WHMCS 5.1 https://github.com/tripflex/whmcs-affcoupons/tree/WHMCS-5.1
  3. WHMCS Pushover (pushover.net) Notifications Author: Myles McNamara (get@smyl.es) Description This is an addon module for WHMCS (whmcs.com) to send push notifications using the Pushover API. Currently the only working feature is high priority notification for a new support ticket being opened. There are many other features and configurable options planned which are listed below. This release is still in beta stages so use at your own risk. Tested working on WHMCS 5.2.1 and WHMCS 5.3.1 Beta. Screenshots Features View Features and Status on GitHub: https://github.com/tripflex/whmcs-pushover Got an idea? Stick a fork in it, send a pull request, open a new issue, or email me! Installation Download latest release, and copy the entire modules directory to your root WHMCS installation. Login to WHMCS Admin area, Setup >> Addon Modules, then activate "Pushover Notifications". Once you activate the addon module, click on Configure, enter your user key from Pushover (pushover.net), select Access Control, click Save Changes, and profit!
  4. I've recently been working on an Open Source gateway module for Purchase Orders that also includes Auto Activation for orders based on a custom client field that you enable in their profile. Because WHMCS does not let you edit threads after they are posted any updates, and details, will be maintained on my GitHub here: https://github.com/tripflex/whmcs-purchaseorder If you have ANY issues, please post them on GitHub, this forum is only occasionally checked. https://github.com/tripflex/whmcs-purchaseorder/issues Enjoy! - Myles
  5. While it is understandable that WHMCS is encoded to protect from piracy and to ensure license validation, this prevents a lot of customization and the freedom of exploring code where there may be no documentation available or the documentation is insufficient. I propose that WHMCS open the source on all files except for those specifically pertaining to licensing and protection of their intellectual property. More specifically, the sources that I am requesting be opened are : Any controlling file that handles passing variables to the smarty template system. Any controlling file pertaining to plugins that enhance the security of the system (such as database insertion points, sanitization of variables, anti-fraud mechanisms, 3rd party calls to open sourced systems [paypal, opensrs, etc] ) Presently, WHMCS is 99.9% encoded where less than a handful of files are open, under the pretense that everything is 'customizable' by simply editing/creating a template or writing a new plugin. The problem with this logic is that it is not 'customizable'. At best, one can integrate whmcs into their website in a hybrid scenario by copy/paste of the header/footer for the 'main' site. The actual placement and organization of content is not modifyable due to the smarty variables being inside closed source files. For example, you will never be able to natively list domains and services owned inside `clientareahome.tpl` because the variables that control that data are not populated with the information even though both pages call `clientarea.php`. As for the security side of things, while WHMCS does do a fantastic job of keeping on top of things, the methods for manipulating the data are not optimal (mysqlslowquery) and use of older methods for database connectivity are in use. While I can not determine whether stored procedures are in use, I can say that mysqli__ and PDO__ are not the dominant force in connection profiles. It would be nice to be able to make these types of adjustments. I have also seen several complains about lack of documentation for XYZ plugin development, which is valid -- and while it is understandable that you can not document every single line of code or mechanism or give code examples on how to use your system --- a simple solution would be to open up that area so that it can be expanded upon freely, and by your example using the Live plugins/modules/etc rather than hacking the system to bits to 'figure it out' by guessing.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Guidelines and understand your posts will initially be pre-moderated