Cancel Invoice on Termination :)

This addon uses the Action Hook system and runs whenever a hosting account is terminated. It checks for any Unpaid invoices for the account and automatically marks them as canceled if the following conditions are met

1) The hosting account is the only item on the invoice, with the exception of Late Fees.

If the invoice does not meet the above, it will be automatically canceled and a note will be left on the invoice indicating that it was canceled by this addon.

If the invoice does not meet the above, it will be left alone.

Notifications are sent to admins whenever the addon encounters an Unpaid invoice for a hosting account that is currently being terminated, and whether or not invoice(s) were automatically canceled.

You can purchase it here for a one time price of $20 ( updates and fixes are free forever! )

https://www.lcwsoft.com/whmcs/cart.php?a=add&pid=77

To install this addon, simply upload the .php file to your includes/hooks folder in your WHMCS installation.

Can you explain how this is different from the version you had at http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?t=23586&page=2 ? Thanks,

It has been awhile since I looked at that copy, and have made a few changes to the code over the last few months ( including fixing a bug where it would sometimes cancel invoices that had an unrelated service on it ).

This one also comes with free support. As a client, you can get support by contacting support@lcwsoft.com instead of waiting for replies on this forum.

using this client can del due invoice??

Yes and no. They cannot delete invoices directly themselves, but if they submit a cancellation request from their client area, it can result in invoices being canceled once the cron runs.

As explained in the first post, it works whenever a service is being Terminated by WHMCS itself, so it can happen when an admin does it or an automated cancellation happens (ex: cron).

Hi,

Does this also work when a product is set to ;cancelled' rather than just 'terminated' ?

Regards, Jon

Not at the moment. It only runs when a service is being terminated, either by the WHMCS cron job or when an admin manually terminates a service.

• 5 weeks later...

Lawrence, I've bought the addon but after paying for the invoice, I'm unable to download the mod, receiving the following message:

Access Denied - You must purchase the associated product before you can download this

Would you mind taking a look at it please?

This mod works great.

Quick question. Is there any option to look to already terminated accounts, and cancel the invoice if the conditions are met? I couldn't think of a reason why we wouldn't want to do that and it would be a great way to avoid sending emails to clients that report our emails as spam, damaging our IP reputation.

This mod works great.

Quick question. Is there any option to look to already terminated accounts, and cancel the invoice if the conditions are met? I couldn't think of a reason why we wouldn't want to do that and it would be a great way to avoid sending emails to clients that report our emails as spam, damaging our IP reputation.

Unfortunately, no. It simply just runs when the Termination functions in WHMCS run.

The only way to do what you want, outside of a custom script, would be to simply reactivate and re-terminate the accounts in question from within WHMCS.

Would you consider adding this on the near future or it would involve too much work?

It would be need to be a separate module that does something similar (cancels invoices on terminated products), but runs outside of WHMCS.

It would be an unrelated module, as the current one is too different technically for it to do what you are asking. I would be up for coding what you need.

• 3 months later...
Can you please confirm the mod is working with latest 4.4.1?

There have been no reports of problems, and I don't see any reason for it to not work. It is integrated to the Action Hooks system, and doesn't do anything that is dependent on version-specific information.

I've also tested it with 4.4.1 and never saw any issues.

• 1 year later...
Hello;

what happens if there is free domain of the same hosting account in the invoice?

It will not cancel the invoice and will send an e-mail letting you know it needs to be done manually. It does this because there are too many possible combinations of products to do this automatically.

It will not cancel the invoice and will send an e-mail letting you know it needs to be done manually. It does this because there are too many possible combinations of products to do this automatically.

Thanks for the info. We give free domain with all of our hosting packages so it will never work for us? Would you consider adding an option such as cancelling the invoice in following conditions?

1) the name of the domain and the hosting package are same

2) recurring price of the the domain is zero

3) next due dates are same (even to be more safe)

İf i am not missing anything this will lower the combinations to only hosting packages offered with free domain.

Thx again for the reply and merry christmas.

Thanks for the info. We give free domain with all of our hosting packages so it will never work for us? Would you consider adding an option such as cancelling the invoice in following conditions?

1) the name of the domain and the hosting package are same

2) recurring price of the the domain is zero

3) next due dates are same (even to be more safe)

İf i am not missing anything this will lower the combinations to only hosting packages offered with free domain.

Thx again for the reply and merry christmas.

Unfortunately, that is correct. The amount of logic needed to test for all variations of those conditions would make the addon needlessly complicated.