WHMCS dynamic price package

sitapea1337

Question

Hey!

I'm looking WHM integration solution (WHMCS for example), but with very specific need.

I need dynamic price calculation for package generation.

Which means, for example, a customer can choose which parameters package he wants to buy.

For example a hosting which has only ONE parameter/variable (could be more), base price and price per gigabyte.

A user can use a slider (pre-configured price per gigabyte and stepping amount as well) and let's say base price is 1$ and gigabyte is 0.10$ and step is 10.

So, minimum package would be 10GB which is 1$ + 10 * 0.10$ = 2$

Maybe it's already done somehow, maybe it's possible to have formulas like "1 + pergig * 0.10"

Hope you understand what I need :) If it exists, I'll buy WHMCS for sure.

If it doesn't, I'll look somewhere else.

Thank you!

EDIT: I guess I found it, called sliders:

https://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?115518-configuring-sliders

https://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?114634-Dilemma-with-quantities-ordering

Edited by sitapea1337

12 answers to this question

I think I found what I need - will work it through and let's see how hard it is to setup :)

https://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?87803-Order-Form-Slider-in-Increments

you'd only need to use that if you wanted the step size of a configurable option slider to be different from 1 - if you could live with steps of 1, then it would work fine out of the box (assuming base price is the price of your product, and your gigabyte option is the configurable addon.

also, I wrote that code 3 years ago, and so if you're trying it on the latest version of WHMCS, remember that you shouldn't need to use the {literal} tags now.

Have you taken a look at https://marketplace.whmcs.com/product/30 this might go some of the way to helping you?

it wouldn't help with the slider step size, just with the automated provisioning... and by making WHMCS $70 in the process! :)

Yes, step-size isn't easy to configure, it isn't 100% needed as well.

Anyways, thanks! I got slider working and it's great.

Now I have some other question.

If I go to my package, it asks user to use existing domain, without showing the package (billing cycle, configurable options, order summary etc).

Package info will come if domain is entered.

Now, is it possible to show package info without entering domain? And don't let user "Continue" without entering domain?

It's important for me, because I want to display package info with configurable options (storage slider) on main page, not just domain box.

I see that package info is loaded with jquery post (checkdomain() function), maybe it could be automatically loaded via that. I'll see into it. Feel free to point me into right direction if you already have solution :)

EDIT: Managed to get to "fool" WHMCS with automatically loading checkdomain() function with sld "yourdomain" and tld "com" and package info loads correctly, but a user can hit "Continue" with "yourdomain" and "com" values.

Where are those values stored? I can't find any HTML element or javascript variable. I want to delete them when page is loaded so a user cannot press "Continue" without setting domain.

What I'm basically trying to do is a user setting package first, then domain. It's not logical that user needs to set domain first. Why? Because package is independent of the domain. No matter what domain a user sets, package is still the same.

How can I make it so domain check comes AFTER package settings?

Edited by sitapea1337

Now I have some other question.

If I go to my package, it asks user to use existing domain, without showing the package (billing cycle, configurable options, order summary etc).

Package info will come if domain is entered.

Now, is it possible to show package info without entering domain? And don't let user "Continue" without entering domain?

generally speaking, the order process is fixed to run in a set order...

1. choose product

2. choose domain (optional)

3. configure domain (optional depending on settings)

4. configure product (optional depending on settings)

5. checkout

out of the box, you can't easily change that order, e.g configure product before choosing domain... what you should probably look into is either creating a custom order form (though you would likely need to pay a developer for that), or perhaps seeing if a commercial template exists that you can buy via Marketplace.

if you need quotes from developers, then you should post in Service Offers & Requests.

It's so weird. Doesn't make sense at all, especially for those sites who don't register domains, but only offer hosting packages.

I'll check out custom templates, because right now I'm using customized Modern and it seems it has domain info before package and it's hard to bypass it.

I can easily "spoof" sld and tld, but can't really make it so that customer has to enter another domain.

I'll see if I can hook "addtocart()" function.

It's so weird. Doesn't make sense at all, especially for those sites who don't register domains, but only offer hosting packages.

this is the way WHMCS has always worked... :roll:

I'll check out custom templates, because right now I'm using customized Modern and it seems it has domain info before package and it's hard to bypass it.

you should look specifically for custom orderform templates, but I suspect you're going to need to get a developer in...

all the standard orderform templates (both Modern and Standard Cart) will work in exactly that way, as will some custom orderforms templates (which are often just css tweaks)...

tbh, it would be cheaper/quicker to just work with WHMCS as is.

Aight! :)

Thanks for helping me out :)

Now I have an issue. I know this has to be solved automatically.

Basically I have set up configurable options with disk space.

In product Module Settings I chose "cPanel" and "Advanced options" and WHM Package Name "Custom".

The thing is, it doesn't make sense. Does WHMCS make new package for each dynamic package? Each package for 1GB, 2GB, 3GB, 4GB etc?

Or I have to manually set up every client with specific attributes? Can't be set automatically?

EDIT: Getting this error via e-mail:

Error: Sorry, unable to use package Custom. Verify that the package exists and that you have not exceeded your reseller restrictions.

I've tried creating "Custom" package in WHM as well - doesn't see to make dynamic package at all, only unlimited or whatever I've set in the package "Custom", not configurable options.

this is the way WHMCS has always worked... :roll:

you should look specifically for custom orderform templates, but I suspect you're going to need to get a developer in...

all the standard orderform templates (both Modern and Standard Cart) will work in exactly that way, as will some custom orderforms templates (which are often just css tweaks)...

tbh, it would be cheaper/quicker to just work with WHMCS as is.

Edited by sitapea1337

In product Module Settings I chose "cPanel" and "Advanced options" and WHM Package Name "Custom".

The thing is, it doesn't make sense. Does WHMCS make new package for each dynamic package? Each package for 1GB, 2GB, 3GB, 4GB etc?

Or I have to manually set up every client with specific attributes? Can't be set automatically?

I've tried creating "Custom" package in WHM as well - doesn't see to make dynamic package at all, only unlimited or whatever I've set in the package "Custom", not configurable options.

you basically have two options...

http://docs.whmcs.com/CPanel/WHM

you can either setup specific packages in WHM first and then if your WHMCS is linked to the WHM server, you should be able to assign them to specific products in WHMCS.... or you can create custom packages in WHMCS with specific diskspace, bandwidth etc.

if you want the ordering to be dynamic in the way you describe, then that's where Chris' suggestion of buying the Configurable Options Addon comes in - that addon can provision packages based on specific configurable options settings... out of the box, WHMCS can't do that.

you basically have two options...

http://docs.whmcs.com/CPanel/WHM

you can either setup specific packages in WHM first and then if your WHMCS is linked to the WHM server, you should be able to assign them to specific products in WHMCS.... or you can create custom packages in WHMCS with specific diskspace, bandwidth etc.

if you want the ordering to be dynamic in the way you describe, then that's where Chris' suggestion of buying the Configurable Options Addon comes in - that addon can provision packages based on specific configurable options settings... out of the box, WHMCS can't do that.

Ah nice! At least I know Configurable Options Addon is able to do that - thank you!

I wonder if it has trial version so I can test it's functionality before implementing. I don't like to buy "pig in the bag" - have had tens of bad solutions built on bad stuff.

Anyways, I'll contact developer and see if trial is possible.

Thank you again!

Ah nice! At least I know Configurable Options Addon is able to do that - thank you!

I wonder if it has trial version so I can test it's functionality before implementing. I don't like to buy "pig in the bag" - have had tens of bad solutions built on bad stuff.

Anyways, I'll contact developer and see if trial is possible.

it's written by WHMCS themselves and while I don't think there'll be a trial version, it's possibly covered by their 30-day money back guarantee (e.g you buy it, if it doesn't suit your needs, you open a ticket and get a refund) - but i'm sure one of their sales guys will let you know either way.