How to make Google Apps for Your Domain work with WHMCS in 5 steps

Gears

• 2 weeks later...

My PHP Mail function is working fine, so I skipped Step 4. The emails are getting sent to the inboxes fine, but they aren't getting sent to WHMCS as a support ticket.

I have configured the POP and everything as mentioned. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

JAJAJA, Its really crazy, I did this without readding this post, because I had some problems with whmcs and gmail, when I tryed to send a notification with whmcs gmail, always reject them.

So I figure this solution all by myself, and its funny that someone already did. I was readding some reponses, and I really cant believe some people doesn't have a clue about the google apps solution.

It's just great to have a 99.99% of email uptime. It's more efficient, and my clients will be gratefull.

See ya.

• 2 months later...

I have tried all of the above, and have gone through all the wiki notes and troubleshooting and I still cannot get it to work with Google Apps. I must be doing something wrong..

My Checklist:

- Email account set up in google apps, pop & imap enabled

- TLS/SSL enables on hosting server

- Cron job created in cPanel

- Support Department set up with correct login information

I have done all of the above and have gone over it several times but I still cant get it working. Is there something that I'm missing here?

• 1 month later...

Ok i have tryed EVERYTHING to try and get thsi working and google isent giving me that many answers,

I have enabled debug mode on in class.phpmailer.php and now i get this error

SMTP -> ERROR: Failed to connect to server: Unable to find the socket transport "ssl" - did you forget to enable it when you configured PHP? (13668716)

Does anyone have any ideas onhow to fix this.

Thanks in advanced

Anthony

Hello All,

I am an ardent Google Apps user. It just makes sense. Unfortunately, Google Apps mail (GMail) does not work at all on my server in either POP or external SMTP.

I have set up two email addresses: support@mydomain.com and sales@mydomain.com in Google Apps for my domain.

In both I have activated IMAP and POP access. In Setup > General Settings I have configured the mail in multiple ways with no success. Port 587, 465, ssl://smtp.gmail.com tls://smtp.gmail.com, SSL checked and unckecked, all configuration settings attempted. I even attemted to edit the php_mailer_configuration file to hard code tls into the settings to no success.

I contacted my host to whitelist the SMTP addresses of smtp.gmail.com and discovered that port 587 was blocked. I had it unblocked. No success. I verified that OpenSSL was properly compiled in PHP, no success. I had the BLOCK_SMTP setting removed from my server, no success.

At this point I cannot send any smtp email messages from any of my accounts on Google Apps. The error I receive with SMTP is "mail Sending Failed - SMTP Error: Could not connect to SMTP host."

I also cannot receive POP mail from my properly configured support departments. Each have the gmail specified POP settings and ports configured. If I send a message from the outside to the address, I receive nothing. If I submit a ticket from the domain form, I receive the ticket but cannot reply to it from either inside or outside the domain and receive no notifications.

Is there a problem with the mail functions of this software or am I going crazy?

Thanks for any help you can offer and please do not hesitate to ask any questions.

If I'm running version 4.1.2, do I still follow the same steps as outlined on the first page by Gears?

This thread is about 1 year old and I just want to make sure I am following the correct steps.

-tls://smtp.gmail.com or just smtp.gmail.com?

-Can I just download those files, backup my current files and overwrite them? Do I need to adjust any of the code?

-Create the cron job:

Create the cron job: "*/5 * * * * php -q /home/username/public_html/whmcs/pipe/pop.php"

Same steps? Anything easier?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Gears

I first signed up a few days ago and managed to work everything except for the mail system, I jhad my own free edition google apps account for my domain which I used with your tutorial, following it word for word, also used your link to edit the includes/class.phpmailer.php & includes/class.smtp.php since my phpmailer was missing one of the lines to edit, anyways long story short I know have a working ticket system thanks to your tutorial, and was also able to resend the signup confirmation etc (since they were never sent in the first place)

So mate thanks heaps tutorial works perfectly :D

• 1 month later...
Odd, ive had this fine working up until now. Today i updated to 4.1 form 4.0.1 and I can no longer send emails out. Has anyone else had this problem?

I just upgraded to 4.2 and I'm having issues:

Email Sending Failed - SMTP Error: Could not authenticate.

Trying to figure it out now.