product group sub groups ?

Cain72

Hi guys

just a quick question, is it possible to create product groups within a product group?

i know i could just create seperate groups but it would be messy in other area's and it wouldnt work out so well hence the reason im asking this question ..

eg:

PG SSL CERTS

Comodo Cat 1

Comodo product 1

Comodo Product 2

etc...

GeoTrust Cat 2

GeoTrust product 1

GeoTrust Product 2

etc...

you get the idea ..

Thanks for your time

Cain

that can't currently be done out of the box with whmcs - there are a few feature requests for this, with at least one around for a year...

https://requests.whmcs.com/responses/product-group-levels

you could edit the templates or write external code to put the products groups in a specified order, but i'm not aware of any addon that exists that can do this...

this isn't exactly what you want to do, but if your first product group uses the Slider template, then all of your product groups are shown as boxes when visiting cart.php

though this doesn't help your specific issue unless you create separate Comodo and GeoTrust Groups, or link them by modifying the code, and I know you're trying to avoid doing that...

it's difficult to say without seeing your site, but if you have to do this, i'd be looking at modifying how the product groups are displayed to at least give the appearance of subgroups existing.

Hi Brian,

i'd be looking at modifying how the product groups are displayed to at least give the appearance of subgroups existing.

yeah thats what im looking at now, its not priority, but it would definately help if you have bulk products, imagine bulk software products or even SSL certs on a bulk level, keeping em somewhat organized would be extremely helpfull, hmm, i really dont want to get distracted with making a plugin ;P not just yet anyhow...

MODS, this post could probably be moved to customizations etc, i thought thats where i put it initialy, i guess i was tired when i posted ..

anyhow back to it.

Cain

• 1 year later...
I put all my SSL certicates under SSL group. Would like to have subgroup like comodo, rapidssl etc so it can display under their subgroup..

Exactly.... would love to use sub-group feature for my SSL certificate products... @WHMCS, any update on this request?

Exactly.... would love to use sub-group feature for my SSL certificate products... @WHMCS, any update on this request?

WHMCS tend not to comment on request status - other than when they've been completed... but that rarely occurs! :)

looking at this with fresh eyes, it occurred to me that you could easily do this in v6 by modifying the Categories sidebar and indenting entries to make them appear as subgroups... I suppose if you wanted to, you could even indent again and show products in that subgroup in the sidebar - but that might not be practical if you had a lot of products in the group.

mDPmZjg.png

so, in the above sidebar example, the SSL label is in bold, and it's sub-groups can optionally have an icon beside it - but you could indent using spaces if preferred (and remove the >> too).

in practice, "Comodo", "Geotrust" and "RapidSSL" would each be in their own product groups, and you would adjust these groups' sort order, labels and or icons via an action hook - the advantage of using a hook being that you won't need to edit templates after each WHMCS update - the sidebar will continue to work as you want it to. :idea:

• 6 years later...
On 4/7/2016 at 11:09 PM, brian! said:

WHMCS tend not to comment on request status - other than when they've been completed... but that rarely occurs! :)

looking at this with fresh eyes, it occurred to me that you could easily do this in v6 by modifying the Categories sidebar and indenting entries to make them appear as subgroups... I suppose if you wanted to, you could even indent again and show products in that subgroup in the sidebar - but that might not be practical if you had a lot of products in the group.

mDPmZjg.png

so, in the above sidebar example, the SSL label is in bold, and it's sub-groups can optionally have an icon beside it - but you could indent using spaces if preferred (and remove the >> too).

in practice, "Comodo", "Geotrust" and "RapidSSL" would each be in their own product groups, and you would adjust these groups' sort order, labels and or icons via an action hook - the advantage of using a hook being that you won't need to edit templates after each WHMCS update - the sidebar will continue to work as you want it to. :idea:

Can you please guide me how can add sub group from admin jusk like your screenshot.