Stripe Payment Gateway

craigo

I would like to ask for the response of the WHMCS team for this post.

A request for an official WHMCS Stripe Payment Gateway has been submitted as a feature request over a year ago.

You can go to the following link to see it:

https://requests.whmcs.com/responses/stripe-payment-gateway-module

This feature request has had 73 votes (as of 30.9.14).

With 59 comments (as of 30.9.14) it is the sixth most commented feature request, and yet it did not get any official response from WHMCS development team. This is why I'm asking for WHMCS to give a response either here in the forum or on the feature request page.

Why is it so important?

WHMCS developers have spent time creating official integrations for over 75 payment gateways, some of which are not that popular, but have not yet found it essential to integrate the one payment gateway whose popularity has skyrocketed over the past year.

It's really not significant which payment gateways were popular 3 years ago (which explains some of the payment gateways offered currently by WHMCS). Trends are changing now and then and I think WHMCS needs to be more with the hand on the pulse.

As many of you know, the Stripe Payment Gateway, which is now available in the US, Canada, Australia, the UK and 13 other European countries, is kind of a game changer for the way we run our finances, thanks to its unique structure, features and the greater flexibility it offers. Moreover, it is designed to be very much developers-friendly, which makes it even weirder not to see it offered to the WHMCS community.

Let's just say that when Stripe is the only payment gateway offered by Squarespace on its eCommenrce platform, and that when all of WHMCS competitors and all the online billing platforms already offer Stripe, that's probably the cue for WHMCS to offer it as well.

Now that we've hopefully established that Stripe is a leading payment gateway in the year 2014, I would like to point out why in my opinion it's not wise to simply rely on one of the third-party WHMCS Stripe Payment Gateway modules that are being offered.

I'm sure some of them are currently doing a great job. Unfortunately, 'currently' is not good enough when it comes to payment gateways. I don't think there should be a problem fulfilling most feature needs with third-party addons. But not when it comes to payment gateways. We're talking about financial transactions here and there are security concerns. You install a free module one day, and you never know when the developer would bail out and won't continue to support it. Meanwhile, the payment gateway has changed something in its API and you don't even know about it. If you install a paid third-party module for this, there are so few users paying for it that there's not enough users to notice bugs and report them. This is why for payment gateways it's better to have stability and accountability, which can be offered officialy by WHMCS.

So these are the reasons why we have asked WHMCS to integrate an official WHMCS Stripe Payment Gateway, and I would again ask for someone from WHMCS development team to respond to our request. Thank you.

https://requests.whmcs.com/responses/stripe-payment-gateway-module

• 4 months later...