Impelling's GoCardless Gateway Module & Addon

[JSH]John

Has anyone tried updating their GoCardless gateway module to Impelling's fork of it on Github? I'm trying to get it to work but now payments are failing with the error "No pre-authorisation ID found for invoice". There is a pre-auth ID in the Subscription ID field, but I'm starting to think this newer and more up to date module doesn't use that?

Here's the link to the module if anyone would like to take a look and maybe offer some help? https://github.com/impelling/gocardless-whmcs

I didn't really have any problem with the official module, but this newer module allows us to setup Direct Debit authorisations before the customer needs to make a payment. The other great thing is this allows us to use the Direct Debit to take payment for anything on their account and not just the hosting!

I've figured this out and here's how I've managed to get it working for anyone that needs it.

When you install the addon, it should create a new table in your WHMCS database named mod_gocardless_client_preauth. In this table you'll need to manually add your customers that have GoCardless Direct Debits setup. You can do this using PHPMyAdmin or similar.

In the ID column this should be incremental, so just enter 1 for the first customer and 2 for second etc. client_id column is the customers client ID from within your WHMCS. preauth_id is the auth ID which you can get from GoCardless or your WHMCS subscription ID under the customers products/services. Finally the active field can be left to 1.

After doing the above it's working great and now means I can renew multiple products within a customers account without the need for multiple Direct Debits being setup.

Hello [JSH]John,

Thanks for sharing this workaround with everyone. Much appreciated!

Remember folks, we definitely appreciated user submitted work arounds but these are not test by nor supported by WHMCS. Please use at your own discretion.

--Thanks

• 5 months later...

Hi there... I wonder if you could clarify for me what happens next with this update...

I installed the module, I updated the database with the details you mentioned... However a curious thing has happened:

Instead of 'initiat payment' in the invoices tab, it now says 'capture payment' which of course doesn't work. So existing invoices already issued but not yet paid cannot be captured by direct debit.. Is there a workaround for this, or do we have to default back to another form of payment for existing invoices?

Also, do I have to get my clients to re-authorise for additional charges via direct debit or can I use their existing authorisation for further payments.

Any light you can shed on these couple of issues is greatly appreciated.

• 7 months later...
Hi there... I wonder if you could clarify for me what happens next with this update...

I installed the module, I updated the database with the details you mentioned... However a curious thing has happened:

Instead of 'initiat payment' in the invoices tab, it now says 'capture payment' which of course doesn't work. So existing invoices already issued but not yet paid cannot be captured by direct debit.. Is there a workaround for this, or do we have to default back to another form of payment for existing invoices?

Also, do I have to get my clients to re-authorise for additional charges via direct debit or can I use their existing authorisation for further payments.

Any light you can shed on these couple of issues is greatly appreciated.

I'm really interested to get GoCardless to work, the reduced processing costs really make it worth it.

How did you get on with the module? Did you find a solution?

Any information you can share will be greatly appreciated!

UPDATE: A new fork of GoCardless module has been uploaded by York UK Hosting (Thanks nathany!)

I've installed this module and will report any issues to York, but I feel good about this :)

-----

This is a fork of v1.1.0 created by York UK Hosting. The fork implements the following:

1. Fixes the callback 500 error

2. Account level billing rather than product/service level. A single agreement can then used to bill for any invoice.

3. Supression of 'payment failed' emails to prevent confusion

4. Support to request GoCardless payments X days ahead of invoice due date to ensure payments are received by the due date rather than after.

5. Store the PreAuth in a separate table so that GoCardless can be used alongside a credit/debit card within a single account.

Download: https://github.com/yorkukhosting/gocardless-whmcs

-----

• 4 months later...

I haven't tried the York Hosting fork, but impelling's fork works very well on whmcs 6

- - - Updated - - -

If anyone is interested, I've made a hook for impelling's fork which does the following:

Suppresses Payment reminders and Invoice payment confirmation emails for clients who have a valid preauth set up and where the invoice payment method is gocardless.

Provides 2 custom variables for use in modifying the email templates to better reflect a direct debit payment.

hook_gocardless_modify_emails.txt