Upgrade to 5.2.7 results in perpetual down for upgrade notice on login

jpietrangelo

I upgraded from 5.2.5 to 5.2.7 using the full 5.2.7 package. This is the first time I've ever had a problem with an upgrade. After upgrading I can no longer gain access to the program. I get a white screen with the message:

Down for Maintenance (Err 2)

An upgrade is currently in progress... Please come back soon...

Here's the interesting part. When I looked in the database I notice that the Version has indeed been raised to 5.2.7. A quick check of the files tells me that, indeed, all the 5.2.7 files are in place. IF I MANUALLY change the Version value from 5.2.7 back to 5.2.5 I can login and the entire program seems to work fine. If I change it back to 5.2.7 it breaks again.

So, for now, I'm changing it back to 5.2.5 (the Version value only) and running under the assumption that I've actually upgraded to 5.2.7 even though every time I login now I get that reminder message that I need to upgrade!

Anyone else run into this? Any ideas on how to fix it?

Thanks.

Jim