Hosting with free renewal domain seems not working

babarc

Hello, i have a product with the option "Offer a free domain registration/transfer and free renewal (if product is renewed)"

When whmcs generate the renew invoice it displays two item: the product's renew and the domain's renew, but the domain's renew is not set to 0 but to the regular price.

How can I fix them if i want to give free domain renew?

Thanks

The pricing doesnt matter in this instance, the calculation is done at invoice generation time and the entry on the invoice should either be nil priced or have a credit for the value.

Have you double checked that the service has the correct settings? it should be the hosting that you set to have a free domain. if you then click onto the domain, you can check the calculate on save box and see if the price changes on the actual product (clients account area)

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi,

The domain's Recurring Amount under the client's Domains tab should be set to 0. The Next Due Date and Payment Gateway must also match with the hosting account. That way they will invoice together and the domain is free, but the domain will only be renewed if they pay for the hosting.

There's more information at http://docs.whmcs.com/Common_Promotions

• 7 years later...