Backups vs Legacy Backups? Why does backups warn you about legacy?

timg

I am trying to determine if somehow I need the "current' backup option in WHMCS turned on as well as the "legacy" backup system? The reason I ask is I used to use the legacy backup system when it was the primary backup. So I noticed the new backup system, turned it on, and then disabled the legacy one. Well when I do that, upon going into the Backup Configuration it pops up at the top and warns me that "The legacy backup system is currently disabled. Click here to manage the legacy backup system."

Which takes me to the legacy system... it makes me think that both should be installed for a truly comprehensive backup? I'd imagine not though...

Can anyone shed some light?

Thanks,

Tim

Lots of threads on this topic over on the cPanel forums. You might find it more useful to go have a look at those.

You can't use both backup systems. If you choose to use the new backup system, you'll need to make sure its enabled properly.

More on all of this over on the cPanel forums, and in the Backups docs:

Backup Configuration - cPanel Documentation

Thanks for the reply sir, apologies if this isn't the appropriate forum, I was just baffled I didn't find more documentation about the two in tandem. I will look at those documents to make sure I have the new backup enabled correctly, it's just bizarre that it warns you up top that the legacy one is disabled.

I appreciate the info and I'll check the cPanel forums more.

Edit - right off the bat it says you can use both systems where you indicate you can't... "You have the option to use the Legacy Backup Configuration with the Backup Configuration feature..."

Tim

Thanks for the reply sir, apologies if this isn't the appropriate forum, I was just baffled I didn't find more documentation about the two in tandem. I will look at those documents to make sure I have the new backup enabled correctly, it's just bizarre that it warns you up top that the legacy one is disabled.

I appreciate the info and I'll check the cPanel forums more.

Edit - right off the bat it says you can use both systems where you indicate you can't... "You have the option to use the Legacy Backup Configuration with the Backup Configuration feature..."

Tim

Just above that, in the Overview, the docs strongly (in bold) recommend otherwise.

Backup Configuration - Overview - cPanel Documentation

We strongly recommend that you use only the Backup Configuration feature.

This same question was asked a few weeks ago here:

Legacy Backup vs Backup - cPanel Forums

You could google this for more Info if you like:

site:forums.cpanel.net "Legacy Backup Configuration with the Backup Configuration"

HTH!