whmcs support

andy40

Hi anyone else having problems with support i cant seem to get any answer at all. it use to be great now it sucks. i opened a ticket 15 hours ago and had someone on my site from whmcs that was based in india they had a look around but got no reply.

So opened another today still no reply,

There are no WHMCS employees from India.

Ticket ID please. Thanks.

This is the 2nd time over the past few days people are talking about outsourced support.

What IP from india? Did someone from the WHMCS team access your system and it showed an indian IP or something?

When i opened a ticket within 5 minutes i had someone on my site from india the link they come from was something like staff.whmcs but it was 100% from india

"staff.whmcs.com" reverses to "10.100.1.10", a private LAN IP.

What IP was showing in your live chat?

Cant remember now it was 2 days ago but i did notice that it said india which i thought was a bit strange.

you should still be able to look up through your live chat to see the visitors details, but if it was live chat then they did not access your WHMCS, even if they did you would have admin logs and visitor stats if you use cpanel

I never said they did access my whmcs the only part they went to was the client area to see what the problem was, and yes i will have cpanel logs,

But even if they do have support in india i cant see why its so important to everyone.

I never said they did access my whmcs the only part they went to was the client area to see what the problem was, and yes i will have cpanel logs,

But even if they do have support in india i cant see why its so important to everyone.

as Chuck (Infopro) stated they dont have any support staff from India, so if you have IPs etc. and full hostname details then these can be traced. It is important as if WHMCS have no support staff in India and within minutes of opening a ticket you say someone pertaining to be from WHMCS accessed your site, then their is an exploit somewhere allowing someone to read tickets and clone themselves as WHMCS staff.

Wasn't it you that brought that up?

if WHMCS have no support staff in India and within minutes of opening a ticket you say someone pertaining to be from WHMCS accessed your site, then their is an exploit somewhere allowing someone to read tickets and clone themselves as WHMCS staff.

Pretty huge leap of logic there, I'd suggest.

I'd consider it's more likely coincidence or a mistake, or some combination of both.

Anything is a possibility in that respect, but what's more likely?

The scenario you suggest is like someone saying they burned their finger and suggesting that means their house is on fire. Though it *could* be, it probably isn't. ;)

Anything is a possibility in that respect, but what's more likely?

The scenario you suggest is like someone saying they burned their finger and suggesting that means their house is on fire. Though it *could* be, it probably isn't. ;)

true its very unlikely, but find it strange the OP does not want to share further information on this to rule anything out even a coincidence or a mistake, or some combination of both

Wasn't it you that brought that up?

Pretty huge leap of logic there, I'd suggest.

I'd consider it's more likely coincidence or a mistake, or some combination of both.

I only said within a minute i had someone from whmcs on my site and it said india that's all

Cant remember now it was 2 days ago but i did notice that it said india which i thought was a bit strange.

Quite strange. I suggest documenting this if you see something strange like it again. Screenshots, logs etc. The more the better to help you figure it out.