Restoring WHMCS DB to fresh install - SSL issues

f2svpn

Hi everyone,

I have an open ticket with WHMCS but no resolution at the moment, I am in urgent need, was hoping maybe someone here could have a similar situation or suggestion.

I had a WHMCS 5.1.2 install, the server crashed. I had a daily DB backup luckily. I emailed the WHMCS team because the 5.1.2 Download was not available, but 5.1.5 was and they told to use that; it will work the same.

So I install a fresh install of 5.1.5 and login, it works fine, SSL (https areas) work fine. No issue. So then, I open phpmyadmin, open the whmcs database and DROP all the tables. Now I import the backup I had. I can load my client area but everything that requires a login throws a 500 internal server error. So I edit the whmcs database and turn off SSL.... now, I can login as a customer or to the WHMCS admin area. All my data is there, HOWEVER:

1. If I turn SSL/HTTPS back on in WHMCS it breaks everything

Note: my SSL setup on nginx is not the issue since the fresh 5.1.5 was fine pre DB restore

2. Even with SSL off, I cannot open new tickets, pay invoices, it won't send emails, it won't "login as client", etc. All of those things fail.

It seems like permissions maybe or something.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Have you checked your webserver logs to see if you can get the error message that is causing the 500 error? Also in WHMCS turn on display errors if you can get to it (Setup->General->Other and check Display Errors) then you might get a better error message then just a 500 error.