WHMCS 5.2 Beta

wsa

well i found the email in the mailing list archives. Looking through there i see no reports of issues - I doubt that its because there is not any (I found them starting right from installation) - so how do i know if something was reported or not? Or do you guys want 250 emails from each person with the same issue?

Edited by wwesn

To answer the questions.

[1] We blocked people from being able to respond directly to the list to avoid poor mailing list etiquette (too much junk).

[2] I emailed out stating you shouldn't be updating a production version and if you didn't already have a dev license, to contact sales [at] whmcs.com

Hi Chris,

Apart from the spam I didn't get any emails from the list. IMO this is a poor way to go as I'm probably not the only one that didn't get it and there's no discussion between other beta users. Why was the beta forum dropped? Right now I have no idea how to report bugs.

• WHMCS CEO

Hi Guys,

For 5.2 we're trying out a new way of handling the beta testing process.

The mailing list will enable us to make beta related announcements & notify you when we release updates - something which wasn't possible with the forums we used before. It will also enable us to reach out and contact you even during times when no specific beta release is taking place, but there might be new features or ideas where we're looking for input or user participation.

And then for any bug reports, suggestions, or other feedback related to the beta, we have the email address beta-reports@whmcs.com where you can email and will be guaranteed to get a response directly from a member of our development team.

We're trying out some new things here, with an aim of improving the things we do, but if this does prove not to be as effective as before we will of course revisit the forums idea.

Matt

We're trying out some new things here, with an aim of improving the things we do, but if this does prove not to be as effective as before we will of course revisit the forums idea.

Well part of the idea is effective, mailing list announcements, but the beta-reports thing is not. Should of been a forum on here for that. :(

Just some constructive feedback but the mailing list didn't seem like the easiest thing to comprehend to me either. Glad you fixed the spam but every email I get I also have to scroll down about 1/2 through the body of the email past all the unsubscribe links, replying instructions and email headers to actually figure out where the body of the message starts.

I dont really blame HTB for missing the info on how to report a bug and the "go back and read your email" comment seemed a bit snarky.

Screen%20Shot%202013-02-02%20at%2012.30.53%20PM.png

Edited by BryanB

I have mine set as Plain Text digests because if i set to MIME digests it sends the list as individual email attachments, but as i have my mail client set to not allow attachments then these cannot be opened.

I agree all the headers etc in the list take time to scroll through to find what the body text is.

Just some constructive feedback but the mailing list didn't seem like the easiest thing to comprehend to me either. Glad you fixed the spam but every email I get I also have to scroll down about 1/2 through the body of the email past all the unsubscribe links, replying instructions and email headers to actually figure out where the body of the message starts.

I dont really blame HTB for missing the info on how to report a bug and the "go back and read your email" comment seemed a bit snarky.

Screen%20Shot%202013-02-02%20at%2012.30.53%20PM.png

Been a beta members for a long time, I am hating the use of MailMan, its a shocking system. I really liked the forum, you could easily search for a bug or see what other users have posted. The MailMan list you send out is rather confusing to read.

I too agree a forum setup is better for keep track of the reports, and having open discussions about the beta. As for Matt's point on updating us about changes/updates to the beta, just email us from the client area by selecting all the beta product users?

Normally I stay clear of mailing lists... i mean its not the 90's :P