cPanel DNS Manager for WHMCS

cPanel DNS Manager for WHMCS - WHMCS Addons

BusyRack cPanel DNS Manager for WHMCS is an addon module which allows customers who have only domain names without a hosting package to manage DNS zones of their domain names. It is integrated directly into WHMCS template under Domains Management area. Once client enters DNS Manager for a domain name, the module will automatically connect to a cPanel server and create a zone file. Client will be able to add/edit/delete DNS records via DNS Manager interface.

screen3.png

Features:

• Automatically create Zone file for new domain name
  • Default IP for new zone file configurable
  • Add/Update/Delete DNS Zone records and sync up with cPanel
  • cPanel DNS Zone file standard
  • Multi-language support
  • One-click-button to configure Google Apps
  • Configurable by domain extensions
  • WHMCS V5 Compatibility

Pricing: $16.95 - Buy now

Contact

Addons homepage: http://www.busyrack.com/cpanel-dns-manager/

AppStore link: https://www.whmcs.com/appstore/698/cPanel-DNS-Manager-Module-for-WHMCS.html

E-mail: contact@busyrack.com

Our products:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
How does this differ from any of the other cPanel DNS plugins?

Which one did you go for in the end?

I recently started using the modulesgarden one - but I've found that it allows the customer to add a zone for any domain, which is a security issue - so we won't be using that one.

This one looks better - in that it only appears to allow the creation of a zone from the domain management page, which is more appropriate in my opinion. I'll probably give this one a try...

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to say that we've been using this Busyrack DNS module for a couple of weeks now. When we first started using it, I had some things I wanted adding, including the ability for the customer to delete a zone and the option to disallow the editing of NS records - so I submitted a feature request and was surprised to find the features were added within a couple of days! The module works perfectly and I'm very pleased with it. Couldn't be more happy.

• 4 weeks later...

I found that the module does't work very well in a cPanel DNS cluster setup.

For example, if the module is configured to setup DNS zones on Server X. And the domain.com has an active cPanel account on Server Y, the module will write default DNS records to Server X, and Server X will sync the records to the DNS Cluster, thus overwriting any other existing dns records Server Y may have.

How can we prevent this, other than setting up a standalone cPanel DNS server for this...

Thank you.

• 4 months later...

Hi silentkiller,

We're so sorry for replying late.

Regarding your question, please, find the answer bellow:

If domain.com zone already exists in DNS cluster, our module will not re-create the zone again

it will just read the existing DNS records from that zone and allows you to manage/modify or add new DNS records.

Thanks for choosing our module!

BR,

Busyrack team

- - - Updated - - -

Hi silentkiller,

If you have setup and configured cPanel DNS cluster properly and domain.com has an active cPanel account on Server Y, the DNS zone will automatically be sync'd to all servers in the cluster (including Server X). That means domain.com should also exist on Server X.

Hence, our Module will detect that domain.com already exists on Server X and will not re-create DNS zone for it again.

It will fetch existing data for you to manage/modify and also allow you to create new DNS records for the domain name.

I found that the module does't work very well in a cPanel DNS cluster setup.

For example, if the module is configured to setup DNS zones on Server X. And the domain.com has an active cPanel account on Server Y, the module will write default DNS records to Server X, and Server X will sync the records to the DNS Cluster, thus overwriting any other existing dns records Server Y may have.

How can we prevent this, other than setting up a standalone cPanel DNS server for this...

Thank you.

I'd like to purchase something like this if it could prevent users from messing with a hosted zone. Clients who are hosting with you could mess up their important hosting records and cause more grief than it's worth.

Questions about the module:

1. Suppose a user doesn't have dns management enabled on the domain, but manages to access the URL to your module for the domain. Does the module prevent editing of DNS records if the dns management option is NOT enabled in WHMCS?

2. Does the module come with an unencoded .tpl file so one can change the output? I'm thinking specifically in the event I'd like to integrate it into a responsive template, which may require the output to be changed to be responsive to flow properly with the responsive template.

Hello Troy,

1. Suppose a user doesn't have dns management enabled on the domain, but manages to access the URL to your module for the domain. Does the module prevent editing of DNS records if the dns management option is NOT enabled in WHMCS?

Answer: No, the module won't allow client to manage DNS records if DNS Management option for that domain is DISABLED in WHMCS.

Error message will be: "Domain is invalid or disabled by admin. Please choose another domain name."

2. Does the module come with an unencoded .tpl file so one can change the output? I'm thinking specifically in the event I'd like to integrate it into a responsive template, which may require the output to be changed to be responsive to flow properly with the responsive template.

Answer: Yes, .tpl files and language files are provided non-encoded and you are free to modify them.

Regarsd,

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Hello busyrack maybe a clarification on the cPanel DNSOnly setup will help more people to decide using your module :)

At least I know it will help us.

Thanks

Manos Paschalakis

Hello Manos,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Yes, our module works perfectly fine with cPanel DNS Only as long as you configure it with root (or sufficient WHM account to add/edit/delete DNS zones)

• 6 months later...

Hi

So it looks like this plugin was built to solve the problem I was asking about here?

Does this plugin mean I can turn off the "DNS Management" option to remove the problem I mentioned in that thread, or is it appending these new controls to that area of the control panel?

• 7 months later...

Has this plugin been kept up to date?

I have my DNS cluster setup so that hosts only write to it, nothing is ever written back to the hosts. What would happen if the user ordered a domain, their zone was created on ServerA, but then they decided to create a cpanel account on ServerB for it because they ended up getting a shared hosting account later or they already had a reseller account and decided to create a hosting account later? My clients change their minds all the time. LOL. Or lets say a user has a hosting account/domain and they decide to cancel the hosting, but still want to keep the domain. When the account is terminated by whmcs, wont it then terminate their dns zone as well?

• 6 months later...