Free Stripe Payment Gateway with Stripe.js support

jclarke

I wrote this a few months ago but never got around to releasing it. Since there are now a few other options for Stripe support with WHMCS, I've decided to release this for free under the BSD license.

--

This module provides support for the Stripe payment gateway for use with WHMCS.

-Includes support for the Stripe.js library which allows for your customers to enter in credit card data that never goes through your server.

-Card information is stored remotely with Stripe, only the customer token is stored in your WHMCS database.

-Automatic conversion of locally stored credit card information.

If a customer has a locally stored card, the next time a payment is processed, the card will be stored remotely and removed from the local database.

This module is provided open source under the BSD license for no cost, registration is required for downloading the module.

Since this is a free module, no support will be provided, however, if you find any bugs in the software, feel free to email us so we can look into fixing the issue. If you need commercial support or a custom feature, please contact us for a quote.

Order your free copy

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for this! A few questions about the library provided by Stripe (which it appears that your add-on properly uses):

1) How is the Stripe library used (where does it need to be uploaded)?

2) If the Stripe library is updated, is it safe to update it in our WHMCS system, or might that break your plugin?

The stripe library folder should be uploaded to the gateways folder, it contains an additional file (stripesave.php) not found in the normal library used by the javascript to store the token to the WHMCS database so make sure you use the included stripe library folder and not the one downloaded directly from stripe.

It should be OK to update the stripe library as long as you keep the stripesave.php file, however, I can't make any guarantees they will not change something would cause an issue.

Is there any way to add the creditcard details fields directly on checkout instead of being redirected to clientarea after?That would be a great future to avoid unpaid orders.

I may be possible, however, it would be complicated because we use the Stripe JS library to store the users credit card data securely and goes around the normal way that WHMCS takes credit card information so that the credit card data never touches your server. If the order being placed is from a new customer there isn't a database record in WHMCS yet to store the customer token that Stripe creates before the order is processed.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, the customers credit card is stored security with Stripe and a special token is stored in the WHMCS database which allows WHMCS to automatically charge the credit card.

Can we attempt to charge the card at anytime for any amount or will this work more like 2CheckOut Recurring Billing and PayPal Subscription setups?

Can we attempt to charge the card at anytime for any amount or will this work more like 2CheckOut Recurring Billing and PayPal Subscription setups?

It works just like if you had a credit card stored directly in WHMCS, you can charge the customers card at any time.

I may be possible, however, it would be complicated because we use the Stripe JS library to store the users credit card data securely and goes around the normal way that WHMCS takes credit card information so that the credit card data never touches your server. If the order being placed is from a new customer there isn't a database record in WHMCS yet to store the customer token that Stripe creates before the order is processed.

So the customer on checkout has to login to the client area and then pay? It won't take credit card details on the checkout page with this plugin?

So the customer on checkout has to login to the client area and then pay? It won't take credit card details on the checkout page with this plugin?

No, what happens is after the customer completes the checkout page, they are automatically redirected to the credit card detail page where they will enter their credit card and complete the checkout process.

thank you for submitting this to the public there should more developers like you but i have a problem with the version 5.1 it the module don't work

This gateway module was designed to work for version 5.1, if you could please give more details about the issue you are having I can try and point you in the right direction or if you would like to purchase commercial support, please email us at support@serverping.net with the details of the issue and we can give you a quote for support.

jclarke! Thanks for your contribution! I was looking forward to using it but it seems clientcard.tpl and clientareacreditcard.tpl are only for the default.. Im vested in a modded variant of the portal theme.. if i purchased commercial support could you make versions of clientcard.tpl and clientareacreditcard.tpl for portal based setups? If so count me in!!

jclarke! Thanks for your contribution! I was looking forward to using it but it seems clientcard.tpl and clientareacreditcard.tpl are only for the default.. Im vested in a modded variant of the portal theme.. if i purchased commercial support could you make versions of clientcard.tpl and clientareacreditcard.tpl for portal based setups? If so count me in!!

Yes, if you purchase the commercial support option, send in an email with this request and I can create a version for use with the portal theme.

Does Stripe work for people outside North America? For example, I'm in Bosnia, SE Europe?

Stripe is only available in the US and Canada. I would recommend checking out Paymill which is similar and supports many countries in Europe, but I'm not sure if Bosnia supported. You will need to contact them to find out.

If your country is supported by Paymill, I also offer a Paymill WHMCS module:

http://forums.whmcs.com/showthread.php?64911-Paymill-WHMCS-Payment-Gateway

My customers are getting the error "remote transaction failure. Please contact support" any ideas why? I'm not using the template files, just the gateway as normal credit card processing. When I look at the Stripe logs I'm getting this in the response body:

error:

type: "invalid_request_error"

param: "id"

A new version of our Stripe Gateway module is now available for download.

What's new?

The transaction fees on both a charge, refund, and partial refund are now shown in the WHMCS transaction.

Template files for the portal theme are now included.

The creditcard.tpl now works correctly in Internet Explorer 8+

A few interface enhancements have been made to the template files.

Joe,

I know nothing about the BSD license, but would it be possible for WHMCS.com to take over development of this module and start including it WHMCS officially? Would be nice for WHMCS to start officially supporting Stripe and maybe your module would be a great starting place for them. I have no idea if they are interested, but I know the community is really looking for Stripe support in WHMCS.

Also, while I have your attention, you mention offering commercial support for this module. Is there more information about this somewhere? Would be nice if this worked with the default theme of WHMCS as well. Has any improvements been made to better integrate it with the ordering process?

WHMCS could use my code as a basis as long as they keep the copyright notice at the top of the file. I think it has more value as a third party module though since it is unencoded so if someone needed to make a quick change to it they can where the official module would be encoded.

This module will work with any theme if you don't use Stripe.js. If you wish to use Stripe.js we provide a template for the default and portal themes of WHMCS.

This does integrate with the checkout process, after placing an order the user is redirected to the creditcard.php to submit payment and then redirected to the complete page. We may look at adding support for taking the credit card details on the order form page sometime in the future.

Commercial support allows you to send in support requests to support@serverping.net if you run into any issues or have a feature request for us to consider or you can purchase it to say thank you. The cost is $15 for one year of support.

• 2 weeks later...

jclarke -

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I was glad to find it though a Google Search which led to your module and then to your site. :P

It was quite easy to integrate and can now breathe a sigh of relief that I can now offer my customers a viable payment option. I have had several tell me they refuse to use Paypal so having this is a welcome addition.