Encrypt Product Custom Fields

This WHMCS addon allows you to select product custom fields that should be encrypted in the WHMCS database.

The admin interface allows you to select a field to encrypt from a dropdown box. This will enable encryption on the field and encrypt any existing data.

This module will then automatically encrypt the selected field when a user enters data into this field via a new order or an admin edits the product/service. The field is then automatically decrypted when viewing a product/service in the admin area or the client area.

Decryption may be disabled at any time on a field from the admin interface which will automatically decrypt all data and update the database.

This module will work with new or existing product custom fields, however, it doesn't work with a field you have selected to show on an invoice and it doesn't work with a field a provision module needs access to unless you can change the code for the module to decrypt the field.

This module is unencoded and is available for a one time fee of $15 USD.

Order for $15USD

• 1 month later...

Joe -

1. Does this able to encrypt the existing password field provided by WHMCS for the product/services?

2. do you think you could also add in the permission level which we could set in the Administrator groups to limit the access of level to view the password field or any custom field?

3. If there's any of the admin want to use the password, there will be a 'copy" button beside the password field and WHMCS will log it as one of the activity log for the admin who has copied out the password.

The password field in the WHMCS product/service is already encrypted.

Right now the way the addon works is, the data is encrypted in the database but when viewing the field from the client area or admin area, it will be shown to the user by automatically unencrypting the data before it is saved but in the database itself the field data is encrypted.

Logging and limiting access based on permission would be outside the scope of this module so it is not something that would be added.

• 1 month later...
The password field in the WHMCS product/service is already encrypted.

Right now the way the addon works is, the data is encrypted in the database but when viewing the field from the client area or admin area, it will be shown to the user by automatically unencrypting the data before it is saved but in the database itself the field data is encrypted.

Logging and limiting access based on permission would be outside the scope of this module so it is not something that would be added.

Ho Joe,

Is the password field in the WHMCS product/service encrypted because of your module? I am asking because in my WHMCS client area and admin the product password is just in text form. I have already raised a ticket with WHMCS but not sure if and when they do something about it.

Thanks

Nik

Nik,

The password field in a WHMCS product/service is encrypted by default in WHMCS using two way encryption. If you look in the database the field is encrypted, however, when you view field in the admin area and client area it is decrypted so that you can see the password and use it to login to the service.

Hi Joe,

I understand this, but with all these security problems lately I feel that the passwords should be encrypted all over the WHMCS and in case someone is locked out, just change the pass as you would do in your cPanel account.

I really think this is a security issue!!

Thank you for your contribution

Nik

ah I forgot to put it in the addons folder.

does it automatically encrypt existing data in specified fields or only new data ?

Also we have an addon someone else already did for us, which we are replacing with yours. Can you tell me what encryption method you are using so I can find out if it is compatible with the already encrypted data or if we need to get it decrypted first

When you enable encryption on a field, the addon will automatically encrypt all existing data stored in that field and if you disable encryption on a field it will automatically decrypt all data.

This addon uses the WHMCS encryption functions. What you will need to do is decrypt all the data before enabling encryption using our addon since it expects the data to be decrypted when enabling a field otherwise it will encrypt your already encrypted data.

• 3 months later...

Any chance of the encrypted fields being used in email templates ? currently it sends the encrypted value.

I did ask about this before and you told me to wait till the next release, which would imply you are planning to add that feature.

Any chance of the encrypted fields being used in email templates ? currently it sends the encrypted value.

I did ask about this before and you told me to wait till the next release, which would imply you are planning to add that feature.

Sorry, I didn't see this question. We will consider adding this in a future release of this module and it should be possible since the decryption can be performed in a hook that runs before emails are sent.

• 3 weeks later...

A new version of our Encrypted Custom Fields module is now available.

What's new?

-You can now use encrypted client and service custom fields in emails, the field values will be automatically decrypted and available along with the other custom fields in the $service_custom_fields and $client_custom_fields array merge fields. The encrypted values will be searched for in the email log and automatically replaced with *** so you are not storing the value decrypted in the email log.

Order for $15 USD

• 3 years later...
  • 5 months later...