Migrate WHMCS to another server.

neocorps

I'm sure this has been posted before but I couldn't find anything after a few minutes searching the forum.

Is there a step-by-step guide on what you should do when migrating your install and database to another server?

I know that I will need to backup the database and any customized files, but is there anything else? what about the IP of the server?, do I have to create a ticket asking support to change it?

I don't want support to do it for me, by the way. :)

Thanks for the responses.

I'm sure this has been posted before but I couldn't find anything after a few minutes searching the forum.

Is there a step-by-step guide on what you should do when migrating your install and database to another server?

I know that I will need to backup the database and any customized files, but is there anything else? what about the IP of the server?, do I have to create a ticket asking support to change it?

I don't want support to do it for me, by the way. :)

Thanks for the responses.

1) If you are using cpanel, do a full backup and save this to your local PC.

2) on your new server if you have root access then you can copy the saved backup filt to your /home dir and then restore from their. if you dont have root access then ask your new host to do this for you.

3) once the site is installed on the new server, just login to your clientarea with WHMCS.com and then reissue the licence, this will then pick up the new IP

So I got Cpanel on my new server but I changed the domain, instead of "example.com" no is called "domain.com", I copied the entire whmcs folder from example.com to domain.com and I also imported the database.

It works but when I log in, the submits send me to "example.com", is there anything I can do to update the main domain? or will I have to re-install everything and just get some tables from the database to import all of the invoices, packages, clients and all that?

Thank you!

So I got Cpanel on my new server but I changed the domain, instead of "example.com" no is called "domain.com", I copied the entire whmcs folder from example.com to domain.com and I also imported the database.

It works but when I log in, the submits send me to "example.com", is there anything I can do to update the main domain? or will I have to re-install everything and just get some tables from the database to import all of the invoices, packages, clients and all that?

Thank you!

if your old server was not cpanel and your new server is cpanel then you cant migrate from one server to another.

what you need to do is make a backup of your WHMCS database as an .sql. then you will need to manually upload your site files and then carry out a fresh install of WHMCS on your new server. you will need to create a new WHMCS database in cpanel and upload your DB that you backed up.

if your old server was not cpanel and your new server is cpanel then you cant migrate from one server to another.

what you need to do is make a backup of your WHMCS database as an .sql. then you will need to manually upload your site files and then carry out a fresh install of WHMCS on your new server. you will need to create a new WHMCS database in cpanel and upload your DB that you backed up.

Yes, that's what I did, I had to reissue the license and I could login now, I manually updated all emails and domain redirections from "example.com" to "domain.com" also created cron jobs in Cpanel.

Thanks for the help.