Allow your clients to automatically login from Invoice Emails

The Invoice Auto Login addon allows you to include a new merge field in the invoice email templates that will automatically login the user and redirect them to the unpaid invoice.

The key used in the URL is a randomly generated hash and automatically expires when the invoice is paid, cancelled or 20 days has passed since the key was generated.

This addon will work with WHMCS 5.0.3 and 5.1.2, AutoAuth does need to be enabled.

This module is provided unencoded.

Order For $15USD

Eh, As I said in my post - I have it. Works brilliantly. Even when I missed out the autoauth config, it operated as the normal {$invoice_link} operates, in that it brings the customer to the login page in your client area.

Once I got confirmation from Joe that I needed autoauth and I enabled it, the auto-login link works brilliantly. What concerns do you have?

If a user's email account was comprised and they found this email and followed the link, they would have full access to the users WHMCS account including their hosting account?

Yes, if the link is still active. The link automatically expires in 20 days or as soon as the invoice has been paid or cancelled.

If a users email account is compromised, even without this addon they can still easily gain access to this clients WHMCS account by issuing a password reset. Unless of course you are using my Two Factor Auth addon in which case if the client has enabled two factor auth they still wouldn't be able to get in unless they had the clients cell phone in hand.

Version 1.1 is now available.

I've added a new option for those who want to restrict the auto logged in user.

When this new option is enabled it, it will restricts the auto logged in user to just be able to view the invoice and access the credit card payment/input screen. If the user tries to go anywhere else in the client area, it will automatically log them out and prompt them to enter their email and password.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Invoice Auth Login Version 1.2 is now available for download.

What's New?

* You can now include a clickable auto login link inside of the PDF invoice. To enable this feature, place the included invoicepdf.tpl file into your WHMCS template's directory. This will automatically add a Pay Invoice clickable link for any unpaid pdf invoice that is generated.

* A new tag has been added to include a full HTML link (e.g. <a href="https://..."></a>"), instead of just the URL itself. To use this new tag, edit your email templates and change to .

Order Now for $15 USD

• 1 month later...
Can you confirm the module is unencoded and that it will be compatible with the next release 5.2?

Yes, this module is available unencoded.

WHMCS 5.2 has yet to be released, so we cannot confirm any compatibility with that version until it is further along in the beta process.

• 1 month later...

This is a brilliant add-on. It's saving so much time in tickets about logging in to pay an invoice or to reset passwords. I am yet to understand why our clients don't click the forgotten password link instead of emailing in.

The developer is always courteous, quick and detailed in his replies.

• 3 months later...

Yeah, this add-on is great. I purchased, installed, and integrated the links in all my email templates in about 5 minutes. Adding links to PDFs was a breeze too, but I should mention that the embedded PDF link may not work if the customer views the PDF via web browser (i.e., clicking the "view pdf" from Gmail). It may work fine with online PDFs that aren't getting tinkered with by Google Docs / Drive. --> This is no fault of the addon. I'm sure it's just a restriction in Gmail. <-- And I'm fine with it either way... the PDF link thing was a bonus. I purchased this addon specifically for the email links, and this addon does the job just fine!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
The Invoice Auto Login addon allows you to include a new merge field in the invoice email templates that will automatically login the user and redirect them to the unpaid invoice.

The key used in the URL is a randomly generated hash and automatically expires when the invoice is paid, cancelled or 20 days has passed since the key was generated.

This addon will work with WHMCS 5.0.3 and 5.1.2, AutoAuth does need to be enabled.

This module is provided unencoded.

Order For $15USD

Does this work with WHMCS 6?