Addon: Social Login Modules

Hello,

We have released a WHMCS addon module which allows clients to log in with their external accounts such as:

- Facebook

- Google

- Twitter

- OpenID

- Wordpress

- and many more.

This addon uses the Oneall service here:

http://www.oneall.com

They do have a free version of their service. You must have an account with them for the addon to work.

There is a demo of this up on our own website. Here is the log in page:

https://www.gowhmcs.com/clientarea.php

This addon may be ordered here:

https://www.gowhmcs.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Such integration must be followed by distinct and robust TOS implementation. What we are doing is to actually hand over very large portion of TRUST - to and third part provider.

For example, when client want to sign up, and all personal information is pulled from social network(s) with this plugin - we must rely on that it is correct. I haven't used MaxMind with this plugin, but I guess it will work as ordinary setup.

I'm not sure how much will such integration possibly open doors to intruders and hacking tools from social media world. That is my primary concern.

Such integration must be followed by distinct and robust TOS implementation. What we are doing is to actually hand over very large portion of TRUST - to and third part provider.

For example, when client want to sign up, and all personal information is pulled from social network(s) with this plugin - we must rely on that it is correct. I haven't used MaxMind with this plugin, but I guess it will work as ordinary setup.

I'm not sure how much will such integration possibly open doors to intruders and hacking tools from social media world. That is my primary concern.

These would probably be better questions for the Oneall.com support staff.

This module simply accesses their API to get information and everything else is done normally as WHMCS does it. It does not open any doors as far as security goes for WHMCS.

These would probably be better questions for the Oneall.com support staff.

This module simply accesses their API to get information and everything else is done normally as WHMCS does it. It does not open any doors as far as security goes for WHMCS.

Good to hear that :) Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

The correctness of information is something you should be concerned with regardless of what method of sign up you use, you are creating a contract between yourself and your client so you should be checking identity and payment information matches up at a minimum. for larger high risk payments i look for getting verified identity of the client. that means either i must know the client personally or the must submit photo id to me, this is sent by fax or email.

if your not checking identity the contract you open may not even be with the person named on the account and then you cant enforce it.

if your not checking identity the contract you open may not even be with the person named on the account and then you cant enforce it.

Good point! It is important to find a good balance between fast account setup on one side and effective KYC on the other side...

• 5 months later...

Hi, I purchase the oneall addon, in wich part add the code to login to the registration page.

For example, in your site when order the plugin is possible login with the social buttons, and redirect again to the cart.

I install at my site, but redirect to the client area no to the shoping cart.

Hi, I purchase the oneall addon, in wich part add the code to login to the registration page.

For example, in your site when order the plugin is possible login with the social buttons, and redirect again to the cart.

I install at my site, but redirect to the client area no to the shoping cart.

We will reply to your ticket. It may be that you are using a different cart than our demo.

• 2 months later...
Hi,

Hi,

I Have purchased this, however; How do I allow current users to login with social buttons without creating duplicate accounts?

Thanks

Terry

When the plugin detects an account with the same email it will ask them to log in with the existing account to merge them.

• 3 months later...

Do not get this you will have problems, I got a Paypal dispute directly because of this garbage. You put the buttons on your site (I have registration disabled so clients must place a order also) -- so new clients click the Facebook connect button, this script automatically creates a account for them, with invalid email address 50% of the time. So I had a client that could not login to his new account, he opened tickets but because the email address got entered as a invalid address he never got responses from us so he opened a PayPal dispute. I check and see lots of new clients with no orders, missing the email address on most of them.

Now I see this forum and see this has been a problem for months yet they still sell this script, it's a rip off don't get it

I have also tried other WHMCS social connect scripts I found in the WHMCS app store, tried one from hostthebest.com, it is even worse, you can't convert old clients to use the social connect option so client see the new button on the login form and want to use it but they can't -- hostthebest.com also has the same registration problem

Still cannot find a social connect option that actually works

Edited by tommyinnn

Do not get this you will have problems, I got a Paypal dispute directly because of this garbage. You put the buttons on your site (I have registration disabled so clients must place a order also) -- so new clients click the Facebook connect button, this script automatically creates a account for them, with invalid email address 50% of the time. So I had a client that could not login to his new account, he opened tickets but because the email address got entered as a invalid address he never got responses from us so he opened a PayPal dispute. I check and see lots of new clients with no orders, missing the email address on most of them.

Now I see this forum and see this has been a problem for months yet they still sell this script, it's a rip off don't get it

I have also tried other WHMCS social connect scripts I found in the WHMCS app store, tried one from hostthebest.com, it is even worse, you can't convert old clients to use the social connect option so client see the new button on the login form and want to use it but they can't -- hostthebest.com also has the same registration problem

Still cannot find a social connect option that actually works

There is no reason to open a PayPal dispute. If you are unsatisfied we will gladly provide a refund.

The log in modules are working, and we demonstrate the Engage version on our website to prove this is working.

this script automatically creates a account for them, with invalid email address 50% of the time.

We have to use whatever email address the third party service (i.e. facebook/twitter) provides, this isn't something we can control. However, if they are blank, we can always check this for you.

What is your ticket ID in our helpdesk?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
I am having some difficulty getting this to work on my site, not sure what the issue is but the social login just doesn't show up, anyone able to offer any assistance?

We have followed up on your ticket.