SEO Module for WHMCS

Hello all,

No Half Pixels is announcing yet another new addon for you guys and girls.

WHMCS SEO

This module adds seo functionality to the builtin pages of WHMCS. And its really easy to use.

Simply upload and activate. Then all thats left is to add your seo content!

for full details visit the module page here:

http://clients.no-half-pixels.com/whmcs-seo

• 4 weeks later...
i think your getting a little confused, meta robots tags dont apply to sitemaps, it is a priority/change frequency/last modified list of your sites urls. you cannot add meta tags to them.

But, this thread is not about your sitemap module, it is about your seo module. Are you suggesting that follow, no follow etc tags are unrelated to SEO?

sorry, completeley my fault, i still had a conversation about my sitemap moudle stuck in my head.

yes completley forget whats said above as its irrelavant.

there will be title changing support and meta robots tag support in the next major release (no set date yet, but im working on it).

regards

• 2 months later...

i have some question about this add-on:

q1. can the description/keyword be generated dynamically?

e.g.: the description on an announcement page should be the announcement title, taken dynamically from the whmcs system?

or is this add-on not working on a single announcement but rather on the announcements page ?

q2. cand this add-on (or any of your add-ons) be bought as owned? no yearly fees?

thanks.

Edited by minadreapta

SEO functionality at website No Half Pixels is not a good demo.

URL not SEO, Announcements not SEO, Knowledgebase not SEO. So I think it is not useful

what does the seo standards on my site have to do with the modules functionality?

Im not an seo guru and dont pertain to being one. the kb titles on my site are not "seo" because i choose for them not to be.

a knowledgebase isnt really something i want to rank for.

what is on my site has no relationship to what the module does, which is add custom meta tags for you to use on your site.

if you have any questions about the module i will be happy to answer them.

any answer to the questions at post #7 ?

http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?47512-WHMCS-SEO-Module&p=259162#post259162

can the description/keyword metatag be generated dynamically ?

can this add-on (or any of your add-ons) be bought as owned? no yearly fees?

sorry minadreapta, yes and no to dynamic descriptions.

yes it does generate them from the article text.

no its not the title, it takes the first few senetences from the article and uses that.

yes i would be able to give you a lifetime license if required. i only do this on the odd occasion but if it is really what you require send me an email and we can discuss the price.

regards

• 1 month later...

This module has recieved a major update today that puts it right at the front of SEO options for WHMCS.

some parts of the update include:

1. Multi lingual support for all options

2. Dynaimically generated keywords if none are provided

3. force seo urls on kb downloads, etc (via options)

4. SEO OPTIONS FOR ANNOUNCEMENTS, KNOWLEDGEBASE (ARTICLES AND CATS), AND DOWNLOAD CATS!

for a full list of changes and some new screnshots checkout the product page here:

WHMCS SEO

and the changelog here

Changelog

• 1 month later...

SEO module should be able to:

- Give unique title, meta tags (keywords ,descriptions or other additional metas)

- Give meaningful url name from dynamic url with query string

Apart from these,

Seo module can generate title meta tags and other dynamic stuff that can create unique meta/url for each page. I strongly recommend reviewing All-in-one SEO plugins for wordpress. Review their functionality and try to implement the same in your module.

all the best

what does the seo standards on my site have to do with the modules functionality?

Im not an seo guru and dont pertain to being one. the kb titles on my site are not "seo" because i choose for them not to be.

a knowledgebase isnt really something i want to rank for.

what is on my site has no relationship to what the module does, which is add custom meta tags for you to use on your site.

if you have any questions about the module i will be happy to answer them.

SEO module should be able to:

- Give unique title, meta tags (keywords ,descriptions or other additional metas)

- Give meaningful url name from dynamic url with query string

Apart from these,

Seo module can generate title meta tags and other dynamic stuff that can create unique meta/url for each page. I strongly recommend reviewing All-in-one SEO plugins for wordpress. Review their functionality and try to implement the same in your module.

all the best

hello sophie,

these are things that may feature in the module in future releases.

but as i see it the module gives you, the user the choice of how to use the seo features of html to best benifit your site.

additional features like generating seo for you is not really a requirement, but an addon feature that may beneifit some.

in essence anybody that wants to improve the seo on there site is likley to choose there own values as they know there site best.

generating values is possible, but is never going to be as unique and as accurate as user input can be.

the seo modules for wordpress have been in exsistance for years and have been developed for years and improved every time. this module is in its infancy and will continue to grow and improve with age.

the other issue with generating values is that the responsibility is then put onto the module developer (me) on if a sites seo is correct/wrong/bad/etc.

as i said before im not an seo guru, but do have friends who are, features like this might be added, but not until i know for sure the direction and guidance given by my module is correct and going to benfit the users site.

This requires alot of discussion, development and testing by myself and friends in the seo world.

please be assured your comments and ideas are taken on board, and will be investigated.

regards

• 1 month later...

We are very proud to announce a MEGA update to one of our flagship WHMCS Modules, the WHMCS SEO module.

On top of the already great features, we have added (among other things) CUSTOM FACEBOOK META PROPERTIES support.

Now you can define title, descriptions, images, tags and sections which will be used by Facebook whenever your page is shared.

Facebook has become a massive player in the "SEO" game and optimising your site for it has become a major priority to rank well.

The module still features a simple interface for adding your custom settings, except now Facebook information is available.

Ontop of the Facebook feature we have added the ability to "auto link" plain text urls and email addresses in your sites content. What does that mean? well whenever there is a url in your page content and its not linked, the module will do it for you!

There are a few other features which are big bonus too, check out the changelog here for more information:

https://clients.no-half-pixels.com/knowledgebase/287/140.html

Or just checkout the module page for all the module information here:

https://clients.no-half-pixels.com/whmcs-seo

Existing module purchasers can login to the clientarea to download the latest version.

https://clients.no-half-pixels.com

As always we have some great new and exciting modules (and themes) coming in 2013 and we hope to continue providing great quality products and premium support.

• 1 month later...

OK

Just a quickie question here before we crack on with a purchase if I may...

Does use of this module REMOVE the native issue of duplicate page titles within WHMCS.

By native I mean if I leave this alone after install, will it pick up each page title of the announcement, kb article etc on its own after I set the parameter?

Thanks

OK

Just a quickie question here before we crack on with a purchase if I may...

Does use of this module REMOVE the native issue of duplicate page titles within WHMCS.

By native I mean if I leave this alone after install, will it pick up each page title of the announcement, kb article etc on its own after I set the parameter?

Thanks

hello itsolduk,

im not exactley sure what you mean by native title duplication, but here is what i can say....

1. the module will if provided with a custom title replace the {$pagetitle} variable with the custom title.

2. if on a page like a kb artcile or news item it will use the article title.

3. if on a normal page and nothing is provided, it will leave the title alone.

i think the problem of duplicate titles you reference my be the template you are using. some templates check if its an article and adds custom vars to the <title> tag in the header.tpl file.

to address this you should make sure in the header.tpl file the <title> tag looks just like this:

<title>{$pagetitle}</title>

i hope that helps

• 4 months later...

Hello All,

We are today releasing an update for the WHMCS SEO module.

this update addresses some issues that have become visible when using WHMCS 5.2 and above.

The update will still work with previous WHMCS versions but we would always advise using the latest release for security.

Details of the update are as follows:

Escaped & with & in urls to prevent conflicts

Added Keyword Var (just for reference in this version)

A fix for new style created custom pages in WHMCS 5.2

A fix regarding html tags being added to auto generated Keywords

Existing clients can download from the client area service page, new clients why not take a look at the module and its features here:

• 9 months later...

We have just released another great new update for this module, which adds two very neat SEO features.

• Added Twitter cards
  • Added SEO options for product groups

Now you can create twitter cards direct from the admin area, and also provide SEO content for your product groups!

onto of that we have made a few other improvements and bug fixes:

• Fixed sub directory created pages
  • Fixed escaping of ampersands in urls
  • Added utf8 encoding to rss feeds for multi lingual support
  • Fixed admin based language bug

Checkout the module page here:

hello hostservice_71,

the chances are your template is missing {$headoutput} in the head section of the header.tpl file for that not to work.

however being a paid product we would of course provide dedicated support and help you get it setup as needed.

This module has been installed on 1000's of websites and so far there hasn't been a situation where we have not been able to get it working with any template.

Regards

• 2 weeks later...