New To Resller Hosting

kiwipearls

Question

Hi there,

I've just started reseller hosting with my webhost. Unfortunately they don't have api support at this time for their resellers.

Resller hosting is on shared hosting. I have my direct admin reseller UI and my client Ui for my domain.

Can I use WHMCS to advertise my products, take orders, do invoicing and then receive the orders and still be able to manually log into my DirectAdmin reseller area to set up their hosting with the details they provided?

Or can I still use this and fully integrate it with my DirectAdmin resller UI even though my hosting company does not offer WHMCS as a service?

I don't know what is needed to do in order for WHMCS to communicate with my reseller UI in direct admin, what my webhost would need to do in order to implement this, would I need to upgrade to expensive VPS and not shared hosting?

I am a little bit confused as to how this works, but it would seem the perfect software to use instead of me creating my own shopping cart using Silver stripe CMS - as WHMCS seems to offer more features.

I very eagerly look forward to hearing from somebody on this.

2 answers to this question

WHMCS has a provisioning module for DirectAdmin.

I would suggest moving your Hosting services to a VPS, this will give you Root access to the servers for one, and secondly you wont be using somebody elses shared services.

If you wish to discuss options feel free to drop me an inbox i will try my best to give you some pointers in the right direction.

(im not offering you hosting by the way - although if you so choose, who am i to turn away clients lol)

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi,

As disgruntled mentioned we do have a module for DirectAdmin so you may still be able to automate the account creation/suspension etc: http://docs.whmcs.com/DirectAdmin

If not you can still use WHMCS just for the billing, support and client management side and then create/suspend/terminate sites from the server manually.