cPanel block IP does not block email

Hi, i often wondered if you blocked the IP using the denyip in cPanel why does it not block emails from that same ip.

It seems logical to me that if you block 175. from china then all emails from that IP should be automatically blocked as well.

But this is not the case, they dont have access to the url but they have all the access they want to send me email (even though the filter catches it as spam).

I wondered why this is, it seems to me like an break down of the process to block one and not the other. Is this common sense to anyone else? And shouldn't this be common sense to those developers at cPanel. Or am i missing something here?

You are missing something. The denyip feature in cPanel is designed for web site denial only. It simply rights an entry into the htaccess file for the web site root. Google apache deny for more info.

If you want to block all access/ports then you'll need to use a firewall. For cPanel servers check out config servers CSF plugin.

You are missing something. The denyip feature in cPanel is designed for web site denial only. It simply rights an entry into the htaccess file for the web site root. Google apache deny for more info.

If you want to block all access/ports then you'll need to use a firewall. For cPanel servers check out config servers CSF plugin.

This is not a CSF function, csf is for blocking access to a server whether from automation or user access.

For managing the blocking of emails you can use spam filtering from cpanel just as you would block mail from a domain you should also be able to block an ip address/range or a full ip subset. the documentation for the specific software you have configured should tell you how to do this.

I would also set up so that the blocked ips get no response what so ever from the mail server basically to them the server just doesnt exist

Edited by disgruntled

This is not a CSF function, csf is for blocking access to a server whether from automation or user access.t

Of course completely blocking an IP is a function of CSF. It's a function of ALL firewalls.

The OP was asking how to block specific IP's and was under the impression that the DenyIP manager would do that.