2Checkout

Is anyone else having problems getting a account with 2Checkout. I been waiting weeks after first writing them and I can't get a reply.

When I started the review they was talking and when they asked for me to do something to send them something I did. Now they wan'ted my ID so I scanned it for them and send them it then nothing for a week. So I opened another ticket on the 19th no reply still.

http://i40.tinypic.com/15flo2e.jpg

I just opened mine up with them as an alternative to paypal, as many customers do not want to do business with paypal.

With 2checkout you must have your website completed and up and running, not partially running but completed. That is their rules for approval, plus you must ensure that all the products you sell on your single website are on the whitelist of acceptable products.

I think i have an old developer account with them, its been years, i was testing some software and needed to test it in their version of their sandbox. They made me open a special devoloper acount back then, i dont know if they still do that or not. I wonder if i will need to open another developer account or just a normal account if i want ot use for my hosting fees along with my other choices.

Now i remember why i never joined 2checkout, no way im paying $49.00 for a set up fee or whatever they call it. Im sure they make more than enough money on transaction fees. What a joke...

so you've not read this then

https://www.whmcs.com/partners/2checkout/

Special Offer for WHMCS Users

We have partnered with 2Checkout to be able to bring a great offer to WHMCS users. As a WHMCS user, you can get FREE account setup instead of the usual $49 USD signup fee. To take advantage of this special offer, simply click on the button below and login to our client area to obtain the code needed to enter when registering @ https://www.2checkout.com/

@easyhosting

Thanks yeah thats good information appreciate that. I applied the promo and thats great but they still charge a $10.99 per month service fee. What 2Checkout offers above and beyond Paypal which (costs me nothing if i am making no sales with paypal) is not worth that.

If i was doing a ton of business it would be with it to get 2checkout because i would sacrifice one domain fee a month to have the service but right now its not worth the fees. All 2checkout did was a smoke and mirror affect, they took away their $49.00 fee (per the promo) and just obsorbed it into their $10.99 per month service fee. They are not offering us anything really, its all a magic trick. Maybe if they opened their service up to really appeal to the small business they would get more business and make more money than they ever would charging a fee like that.

But hense they want it upfront rather than see the potential long term income of what they could make otherwise.

• 10 months later...

Hello!

I have set a URL in my notification settings for Fraud Status Changed . I want to check it without making real payment so I make sure it works and then will make it live... I have made payment using the demo version but I haven't received any Fraud review email which is must of the URL I have set to be called. How can I do that? Please advise??

Best Regards.....

Atiq

Hello!

I have set a URL in my notification settings for Fraud Status Changed . I want to check it without making real payment so I make sure it works and then will make it live... I have made payment using the demo version but I haven't received any Fraud review email which is must of the URL I have set to be called. How can I do that? Please advise??

Best Regards.....

Atiq

Just so I understand you are trying to create a "fraudulent" order to see the process? To be honest, 2CheckOut fraud prevention systems are no good (against what everyone else says). I recall a while back a client registered with totally false details for every detail (phone, address etc... - the only valid thing was the country). 2CheckOut approved it.

For fraud prevention I suggest you implement MaxMind. Had 100x better results with them.

@easyhosting

Thanks yeah thats good information appreciate that. I applied the promo and thats great but they still charge a $10.99 per month service fee. What 2Checkout offers above and beyond Paypal which (costs me nothing if i am making no sales with paypal) is not worth that.

If i was doing a ton of business it would be with it to get 2checkout because i would sacrifice one domain fee a month to have the service but right now its not worth the fees. All 2checkout did was a smoke and mirror affect, they took away their $49.00 fee (per the promo) and just obsorbed it into their $10.99 per month service fee. They are not offering us anything really, its all a magic trick. Maybe if they opened their service up to really appeal to the small business they would get more business and make more money than they ever would charging a fee like that.

But hense they want it upfront rather than see the potential long term income of what they could make otherwise.

yes they do for new accounts, when i got mine they did not have the monthly fee, but dont forget with 2co you have to force your clients to use them as if you dont have any activity on your 2co account in 4 months then without informing you they will close your 2co account. they then say you can open another account, so from a free account that they closed they offer me a new account at 10.99 a month, so they can close again as i wont force my clients to use them.

Edited by easyhosting

yes they do for new accounts, when i got mine they did not have the monthly fee, but dont forget with 2co you have to force your clients to use them as if you dont have any activity on your 2co account in 4 months then without informing you they will close your 2co account. they then say you can open another account, so from a free account that they closed they offer me a new account at 10.99 a month, so they can close again as i wont force my clients to use them.

Of course now its no monthly fee and a one off fee of $10.99 (which can be waived with any partners coupon code like WHMCS).

I have some old 2co accounts I've never used in a lot more than 4 months, just checked & are still active?

Of course now its no monthly fee and a one off fee of $10.99 (which can be waived with any partners coupon code like WHMCS).

I have some old 2co accounts I've never used in a lot more than 4 months, just checked & are still active?

below 2 messages from 2co

It is standard policy within the payment processing industry to deactivate accounts for inactivity. If your account is not being used, 2Checkout reserves the right to discontinue servicing the account and lessen our costs by deactivating your account. The account will not be reactivated

Hello,

Thank you for contacting 2Checkout. We apologize for any delay in our response.

Again, 2Checkout accounts may indeed be closed for inactivity. If sellers are not using their accounts, 2Checkout reserves the right to deactivate them for abandonment. 2Checkout accounts are licensed to be used, if they are abandoned, 2Checkout can deactivate the account. If you have any further questions, please refer to our Terms of Service.

You would need to read the terms and conditions to see what they define as inactivity. It could be a simple case of a minimum login once every so many days or it could be that they require a transaction once every so many days.

The first is simple, just set yourself a reminder to do it. The second is more of a problem if you use many payment options the chances of it going unused for a while increase. Although if you are using them for card transactions i would seriously consider limiting cards to only them and then have one maybe two other options such as paypal / google checkout.

Of course the more options you offer the more confusing it can be for your client.

If you are serious about keeping the account open i would consider disabling all other payment options except for mail in/bank transfer. This way you can still take manual payments for those that dont have credit or debit cards or just dont want to use them. but for the bulk of your clients you will be taking payments with the cheapest gateway you can find.

On a side note, Does anybody happen to have access to some sort of listing with uptodate transaction costs for various gateways?

well i have i Paypal set up with recurring payments which my current clients use i set up 2co so i could offer the choice of direct CC payments.

2co are just ignoring me now. what they did say though was for me to make a transaction myself every 4 months for £1 which would keep the account, but i make a payment of £1, they take their fees, so cuts that down to approx. 50p, they then send this automatically to my bank (business account) where my bank would charge 67p,so that £1 would cost me £1.17p

Edited by easyhosting

I understand your situation, but for the sake of £1.17 every 4 months that might just be something worthwhile doing to keep the account open.

I dont know who you bank with but 67p for a £1.00 transaction is a lot 67% infact, I know my bank charges me 22p to recieve a standing order payment of £4.00 once a month, thats only 5.5% i would look into that more if i were you and see exactly what they will charge you. If you speak to the bank they may be able to help you out.

Although, i would still consider having clients switch to 2CO if they are cheaper than paypal.

You also have to consider something else, if your payments into the bank very low you could be paying the base charge each month, that means any payment made is gobbled up by the banks charges.

Last edit i swear it lol.

Ive just looked in my 2co account, there is an option you can set for a minimum payout level, i know it makes more sense to be having the money put in your account and you earn interest, but you could set a limit, say £10.00 that means the £1 payment should just sit in your 2CO account as long as the volume remains low, once your volume raises it wont be an issue anyway.

Edited by disgruntled

I understand your situation, but for the sake of £1.17 every 4 months that might just be something worthwhile doing to keep the account open.

I dont know who you bank with but 67p for a £1.00 transaction is a lot 67% infact, I know my bank charges me 22p to recieve a standing order payment of £4.00 once a month, thats only 5.5% i would look into that more if i were you and see exactly what they will charge you. If you speak to the bank they may be able to help you out.

Although, i would still consider having clients switch to 2CO if they are cheaper than paypal.

You also have to consider something else, if your payments into the bank very low you could be paying the base charge each month, that means any payment made is gobbled up by the banks charges.

Last edit i swear it lol.

Ive just looked in my 2co account, there is an option you can set for a minimum payout level, i know it makes more sense to be having the money put in your account and you earn interest, but you could set a limit, say £10.00 that means the £1 payment should just sit in your 2CO account as long as the volume remains low, once your volume raises it wont be an issue anyway.

the 67p is a standard fee for deposits to my account, if i deposit £1 to £500 it is 67p. I dont pay a monthly fee as my other business is summer based, so very little goes in to my bank account from Sept to April. my hosting is usually done through my paypal account as i pay my servers through PP, so any money client pay usually stays in my PP account, i have a few annual account that did pay by CC/DC, but i have told them they will have to pay these through PP in future.