GoCardless Direct Debit Gateway Module

We're pleased to announce the release of the GoCardless Direct Debit Gateway Module.

This allows you to accept Direct debits from UK customers with only a 1% fee from GoCardless (http://www.gocardless.com) and no security deposits or holding fees.

This supports both subscriptions and one-time payments.

The module is a one-time fee of £50 with unlimited support and updates.

To purchase, click here

Hi,

Is there any information on this module anywhere such as how it works (from a non techie perspective)?

I have a web app which my customers sign up to via our own forms - the data is then sent to WHMCS and an account created. Payment is currently via PayPal whereby our customers receive an invoice at the end of the month and then click a PayPal button to pay it. With GoCardless would we need them to enter their bank details and approve an amount that we set during the signup process?

Thanks,

FBS

Hi,

After clicking the pay link at the top of the invoice they would be sent to the GoCardless site where they would enter their details. The details are then stored by GoCardless and the invoice amount would be charged by GoCardless each month (if the invoice is for a subscription).

The value can't be changed yet, we're going to be adding this to a future version but for now it work in a similar way to a PayPal subscription.

Hi Daniel,

Ah I see - unfortunately I need the variable billing features of GC. Hopefully you will make those modifications in the not too distant future. Please update this thread when you do so I'll receive notification.

Thanks,

FBS

We have tried testing it out - so far it does not work and we are still waiting for them to reply to a support call that we logged with them 7 days ago

Not impressed.

We've not been able to replicate your issue, it has worked perfectly in multiple test installs. If you can provide access to your dev install we can take a look, otherwise I'll refund you in full.

Dan

We've not been able to replicate your issue, it has worked perfectly in multiple test installs. If you can provide access to your dev install we can take a look, otherwise I'll refund you in full.

Dan

Why do you not reply to support calls? why does it take posting feedback to this forum to get your attention?

Definitely interested in this - but it would need to collect flexible amounts, such as Worldpay Futurepay. Would not be interested in it if it was like paypal subscriptions. It would need

1) Flexible amounts

2) Payments originated from our invoices on their due dates (not a fixed date/amount sent to us).

Just FYI: I have been in communication with GoCardless and their support advised me yesterday that they are working with WHMCS in developing an official module. No ETA that I know off. But GC are aware of this thread and I'm hoping for an update soon.

Ya I have been speaking with them about their service and that I wanted it here in the states, asked "matt", nice guy, a few weeks ago to get on it as well as integration.

Though I wont be using it untill it comes to the states, which may be a while.... this thread did kinda get hijacked and anyone using the service should grab this developers module instead of waiting =)

• 5 weeks later...

I did, two weeks ago they said it will be released last week and then at the end of last week they said it will be released this week. It's Friday so I don't think it will be now.

They are testing it at the moment. I hope it works well and it is worth waiting for. Shame it's not released yet as I need it!

Just go acceptance from Barclaycard for merchant account and they said deffered settlement of 45 days? LOL

What about cash flow? I though banks suppose to help you out?

Come on GoCardless!

I did, two weeks ago they said it will be released last week and then at the end of last week they said it will be released this week. It's Friday so I don't think it will be now.

They are testing it at the moment. I hope it works well and it is worth waiting for. Shame it's not released yet as I need it!

Just go acceptance from Barclaycard for merchant account and they said deffered settlement of 45 days? LOL

What about cash flow? I though banks suppose to help you out?

Come on GoCardless!

Had a merchant account with Nat West Streamline many years back

When I started out. Dropped them. Now using worldpay - they recently moved to a 7 day deferred payment. I would recommend worldpay with their futurepay mod etc in WHMCS - it's a fully automated service. Just a thought!

Had a merchant account with Nat West Streamline many years back

When I started out. Dropped them. Now using worldpay - they recently moved to a 7 day deferred payment. I would recommend worldpay with their futurepay mod etc in WHMCS - it's a fully automated service. Just a thought!

Well I have asked streamline to call me on Friday so hopefully they will next week. Tried to call them but not answer...

Streamline is a worldpay so might be ok. I had a look at worldpay and I think charges and setup fees were crazy but if I have to wait 7 days then that's ok. I will check them out again.

Cheers