WHMCS and Plesk 10 on the same server?

deltatech

Has anyone been successful and running WHMCS and Plesk 10.1.1 on the same server? If so, I would appreciate hearing how you made it work.

The problem is.. WHMCS has to send an API call to Plesk to create, terminate, suspend, or unsuspend a hosted domain and of course it expects to get a response back from that API call.

Plesk10 does an immediate hard restart of httpd when this happens causing the WHMCS process and everything else on the server to be reset thus causing WHMCS to fail and not complete.

I opened a support ticket with Parallels about this and they said "It has been determined that graceful restarts after changing apache configuration is neither safe nor reliable". They went on to say that they have no intentions of changing this behavior in the future.

The only other workaround they gave is to go to the plesk server settings and change the apache restart interval which does not work and has no effect.

I made a feeble attempt to circumvent this behavior by modifying apachectl and /etc/init.d/httpd so that even a restart does a graceful only to discover that plesk doesn't use either of these to do its reset :(

Does anyone have any ideas on how to make these work short of moving WHMCS to another box?

• 1 year later...