Billing / Invoicing System

kikloo

Hello,

I am not understanding the billing / invoiing system in WHMCS. I sometimes feel that the system is not doing or maybe doing some miscalculations which I do not understand.

For eg. I renewed 2 domains for a client with (seperate invoices for each 2) and then transfered 4 domains (seperate invoices for each of 4) on 26th and paid the invoices via Credit.

All seems fine. But today I saw another invoice which had all the above 6 domains in it and it deducted credits also and showed the remaining amount.

I mean i did'nt create that invoice so where it came from ? Why WHMCS auto generated it ?

Also I understand that WHMCS generates invoices for orders that are due for renewal..whether user has decided to renew or not, WHMCS will generate a invoice and start showing it in Unpaid / Overdue invoices.

How to make it so that it only generates the invoice if the user decides it to renew..else it just sends the reminders and if user decides then it should generate the invoice and if the user decides not to renew and ignores the reminders then on due date WHMCS should terminate the account and deactivate the old oder.

Please help as I think i am going into loss due to all this confusion.

Thanks.

• WHMCS Support Manager

Sounds like the mass pay feature was used here, so it would have most likely be the client's own action: http://docs.whmcs.com/Invoicing#Automatic_Grouping_of_Items

If you want to renew/transfer domains before paying the invoices please review http://docs.whmcs.com/Domains_Management#Renewing_a_domain_before_payment_is_received

Products will generate an invoice for renewal automatically, the client can make a cancellation request and as long as they do that before the renewal invoice is due to be generated then no invoice will be generated.

Hi,

The issue is that client's ignore the invoices if they don't want to renew. I mean i cannot differentiate between new invoices or renewal invoices. The new orders for which invoices are being generated should be different from the invoices generated by WHMCS for renewals.

How to achieve this ? When I am viewing unpaid or overdue invoices I get a list of both and I cannot tell which are for renewal or which are new without acutally seeing the details of each ..very time consuming and cumbersome job. It should be simple so that i can just check off and cancel the invoices which are not needed etc.

I hope you get my point.

Thanks.