blank confirmation page SOLVED

jambon

I had an issue with the confirmation page resulting in just a blank page after hitting checkout and having to hit refresh for the page to show up. I contacted support and after a week of back and forth I finally figured the problem out for myself. (no thanks to support, who's suggestions were not at all helpful).

I'll spare you all the garbage from the ticket and just post the solution I came up with. Suffice to say my experience with support was horrible at best. And I'm not happy that my first paid week of service gave me nothing but headaches.... ANYWAYS - on to the solution.

The problem is caused by the WHMCS script trying to load the confirmation page at the exact second that apache is down while restarting. (Plesk always restarts apache after creating a domain).

This was caused by having the setting "Automatically setup the product as soon as an order is placed" checked in the product>module settings.

The solution was to instead check "Automatically setup the product as soon as the first payment is received". Basically now apache won't restart (and the account won't be created in plesk) until after the confirmation page is displayed. And I suppose this is a better way to handle orders too.

Alternatively a solution would be to find a way to either delay apache a second from restarting after a domain is created OR adding a wait to the redirect to the confirmation page in the script when the "Automatically setup the product as soon as an order is placed" is checked.

Seriously the developers should implement a fix for this as it's only a 30 second fix to add a slight delay to the redirect.... And it seems there are quite a few people that have had issues such as this.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm having a very similar problem: When I manually accept the order (in WHMCS) (i.e., to "Automatically setup the product [in Plesk] when you manually accept a pending order") causes this error:

502 Bad Gateway
nginx

Reloading the page displays the order along with an error - usually something like...

Order Accept Encountered Problems

Error Code: 1007 - Domain example.com already exists.

The order status (in WHMCS) has not changed but the client and the subscription have been created in the Plesk control panel.

Apache's log file (/var/log/httpd/error_log) contains the confirmation that Apache was restarted:

[sat Mar 30 05:43:49 2013] [notice] caught SIGTERM, shutting down
[sat Mar 30 05:43:58 2013] [error] FastCGI process 4762 still did not exit, terminating forcefully

Thoughts? Ideas? (i.e., besides hosting the WHMCS serice on a different system)

Edited by epretorious

The problem is caused by the WHMCS script trying to load the confirmation page at the exact second that apache is down while restarting. (Plesk always restarts apache after creating a domain). [/b]

Could the problem actually be caused by WHMCS being killed [by Apache restarting] while it's waiting for Plesk's confirmation?

Apache's log file (/var/log/httpd/error_log) shows that Apache is restarted almost immediately after WHMCS begins the process of setting up the product in Plesk:

[sat Mar 30 05:43:49 2013] [notice] caught SIGTERM, shutting down

Bryan Apperson (of BitronicTech) recommended this solution:

http://www.bitronictech.net/knowledgebase/310/How-to-enable-Apache-graceful-restart-in-Plesk.html

...and I can confirm that even though nginx still complains "502 Bad Gateway nginx" Brian's solution works! i.e., backing up (to /whmcs/admin/orders.php) and refreshing the page show that the order was successfully accepted (i.e., the order status is now "Active"). :!:

Edited by epretorious