WHMCS to WHMCS (Merge) -- two companies ?

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Just a heads up to all that i tried to import an upgraded to ver 6 and import into a new fresh ver 6 but error " cant connect to database came up "

then was told to add /includes/functions.php from ver 5.3.14 into both then try but still same issues.

will keep you updated if hear anything else

:lol:

Edited by Spytron

We recently used this script to migrate a second companies WHMCS into the main company and worked fine. We had the same error so what we done was export the 2nd companies WHMCS database and created a new DB on the same server as the main companies WHMCS (same server) and imported it into there.

Then we just ran the script again but using localhost and its details for the new DB to copy into the main DB.

Hope this helps :)

Any problems give us a shout!

Hi i tried this but get a blank screen nothing happening can i not just import my old ver 6.01 db into the new empty ver6 db via phpmyadmin??

thanks

Found a solution:

I did a phpmyadmin import and all seems good so far working ok. ( remember that you have to login with your old whmcs login details as just imported all admin login details also )

then much easier to just do some auto changes to the setup ie website name support tickets admins emails ect better than typing all clients details and invoices etc )

hope that helps anyone and will keep posted if any problems

:)

Edited by Spytron
solution found

• 6 months later...

I tried as well, using the old import script with the v5 functions file creates more problems that it solves.

I then contacted their support and it's a few months that they keep saying that by the end of next month is going to be ready. will it ever happen?

Is it my impression or is it getting worse and worse?

• 1 month later...

UPDATE 4 WHMCS 2 WHMCS Mergescripts

Don´t think about to do this!

The WHMCS mergescript for Version 5 doesn´t work.

The script is not able to merge the products, only the client informations are merged.

So the Script in NOT WORKING.

And WHMCS has no Mergescript for the Version 6, and gives me no information about an rollout date for the new "merge assist"

My last supportticket is still open since 8th Feb 2016 and the latest information, after WHMCS checked that the mergescript for V5 is not working is following solution: “Please be patient and someone from our development team will respond as soon as they have any information for you.”

The issue is known by WHMCS, but i´ts fine for WHMCS, because i have to pay for a few WHMCS licences.

• 5 months later...

Can you clarify how invocies are imported.

To be specific, lets say I have two WHMCS installs and want to merge - if these two systems have invoice numbers that are identical how are the invoice numbers treated upon import? Are they modified with perhaps a configurable Pre number?

Example: Inv 100 from source cant overwrite inv 100 in destination - so perhaps modify the source invoice number by prepending some letters - like IMP100

OR are they modified by changing the imported order number to the next available order number in the destination - somthing thats not overly useful.

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi,

The WHMCS import part of ImportAssist does indeed import tickets: http://docs.whmcs.com/ImportAssist#WHMCS

Any clients with the same email address in both databases will be merged together, the same as using the Merge Clients option in the admin UI.

Other duplicates (invoices, tickets etc) will be imported into the target installation with new IDs. Any invoice number will be maintained.

Hi. I have kinda the opposite situation. Instead of merging, I want to 'split' some of my customer base into a second WHMCS installation. So, the issue is - I want to keep all my local customer (physically local in my area) in our WHMCS installation, but I want to move out some of the customers and their domains who are just people who've found us on the internet and who are not local. Most of those folks have just Domain Registration only and no hosting - but I'd still want to be able to select them and move them into our other WHMCS installation.

So, I'm guessing I can manually select which customers / domain / invoices / ticket that I want to ''Merge'' from one install to the other... but I'd really want to do a ''move'' instead of a ''copy'', so that once they are moved over to WHMCS-B, they no longer exist in WHMCS-A

Edited by 9DollarDomains

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi,

Regretabbly there isn't currently a functionality in ImportAssist or any other tools we have available to split specific customers out from one installation into another.

I would suggest handing this manually and adding the clients into the installation: http://docs.whmcs.com/Importing_Data#Manual_Client_Entry

However as twhiting alluded, this could potentially be automated as our API allows clients, orders, invoices and transactions to be created in the installation. So a script could potentially be created by yourselves or a third-party to allow you to select certain users from your installation and insert them into another: http://docs.whmcs.com/API

• 1 month later...

Hi John

We are finally merged 2 companies but after a day later with cron its started to create invoices from merged companies clients back to 2008.We are end up like 13000 invoices with angry customers about invoice mails.I checked tblhosting and tblinvoices for false duedate records but cant find anything wrong about that tables.

I send support ticket but we cant provide any login details.