Be careful with "Auto-Terminate End of Cycle"

Blueberry3.14

This is more of a heads-up to the community, rather than a question. This feature is new, in 4.2.1 (I believe). From the docs:

http://wiki.whmcs.com/Products_Management#Admin_Scheduled_Cancellations

Admin Scheduled Cancellations

As an admin user, you can schedule the termination of a product at the end of the currently active period by going to the Products/Services tab, ticking the Auto-Terminate End of Cycle option and optionally entering a reason/note for it. This will suppress any further renewal invoices from generating for this product and terminate it when the next due date is reached. The "Cancellation Requests" setting in Setup > Automation Settings must also be enabled.

---

I think the documentation could be a little more clear on what happens. Yes, it will suppress any further invoices for that client (which in my case was what I wanted), but it terminates the client from cPanel automatically, while leaving the client as "active" in the WHMCS system. Perhaps this client was left active in my WHMCS because he also has a domain registered that wasn't being terminated, I can't be sure there.

In any case, "terminated" is different than "suspended." I knew that, and yet having never automatically terminated a client before I didn't realize that WHMCS would remove/delete the clients' directory on the server.

In some cases, this might be what you're looking for, and that's great. In my case, I would rather suspend first, then terminate 30 days later. I used the "Auto-Terminate End of Cycle" option since I could find no other way to suppress any further invoices for this client.

I'm not necessarily finding fault with this option, and yes, the documentation *does say* "terminate at the end of the cycle", but I wanted to give a little more information to maybe save someone else from not knowing exactly what to expect from this.

>never automatically terminated a client before I didn't realize that WHMCS would

>remove/delete the clients' directory on the server.

What else did you think *terminate* would do ? ;)

>terminates the client from cPanel automatically, while leaving the client as "active" in the WHMCS

Yes, that's expected, you only "close" clients in WHMCS when

a. you dont want them to order again

b. they're thieving scum trying fraud orders

c. they're spammers you want rid of