Payment Process Auto-Setup Options

Organic

There are 3 automatic setup options for hosting products: when order is placed, when payment is received, and after manual acceptance. After testing the process with a test Visa, it seems to me there aught to be a 4th option.

• Auto setup when order is placed: It seems the user's account is setup even before they get to the payment page. This is odd to me. I imagine this would remove the incentive to pay.
  • Auto setup when payment is received: The users account doesn't get created until the gateway batches out the charges at night. These days, a user expects to have their account instantly.
  • Auto setup when order is approved: Someone would have to be available to manually approve each order, which wouldn't be possible in most cases. This would make the user wait.

It seems to me an option to automatically setup the account after payment has been approved (meaning authorized by the gateway, but not fully batched out) would be ideal. That seems to be my experience with larger hosting providers (MT, Host Gator) - account setup happens after approval. Does that make sense, or am I possibly missing something in the process? Could be a setting I'm not aware of, or the fact that I'm using a test card. Anyway, thanks!