WHMCS License Reseller Addon

Description

This module will allow you to resell licenses for WHMCS through your website. The module will automatically import the licenses on your whmcs.com client area and store them for allocation to your customers. When assigning a license to a customer, the module will automatically create a new order/product that is viewable in the customers client area, and provides detailed information about the license as well as the ability to reissue it.

Currently, this module only supports providing licenses for FREE, but a future update will include the ability to sell them at whatever price you wish as a value-added service to your hosting customers. (Please read http://www.whmcs.com/resellers.php for restrictions)

Installation

1- Copy all files into your whmcs installation directory
2- Add your servers IP address to the API Access List ([i]General Settings -> Security -> API IP Access Restriction[/i])
3- Create a new product for your licenses, under the "Other" product type, and set the Module
   Settings to use the "whmcsreseller" module. Set payment to "Free".
4- Navigate to [i]Utilities -> Addon Modules -> Whmcs Reseller[/i] and click "Install"
5- Go to the configuration tab for the module, and provide the requested information. (Be sure
   that the user you pick for API username has the "API Access" setting in their administrator role)
6- Go to the "Import Licenses" tab and click the "Import" button.
7- Your licenses are now imported, you can allocate new ones by going to the "Assign License" tab and entering the Client ID and selecting the license you wish to assign to them.
8- Add the following cron job to your account:
   */15 *   *   *   *   /usr/bin/wget -O /dev/null [url]http://yourdomain.com/whmcs/modules/admin/whmcs_reseller/cron.php[/url] >> /dev/null 2>&1
   (This cronjob will update the license statuses in the admin area. Doing
   this on the fly made the admin interface very sluggish for a large amount
   of licenses. I recommend not setting this any lower than every 15 minutes
   so it does not hammer the whmcs.com client area with requests.)

Support

Direct email support will be provided on an as-needed basis. Updates/bug fixes will be provided

free of charge to all purchasers for the duration of the product lifetime.

The lifecycle of this product may be terminated at any time, at which point all existing support

obligations will be null and void.

Cost

The cost for this module is $100, which includes unlimited updates and support.

You can purchase the module from the following link:

End of Life

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The module is encoded.

Since I am developing these modules on my own (Not as a company), I cannot guarantee that I will support the modules forever. However, should I ever stop supporting them, I will most likely give the unencoded versions to those who have already purchased it.

Don't worry, I have no plans of not supporting the modules anytime soon. :)

Yes, there is a dropdown list that will contain all of your licenses. You simply enter the clients ID into the text box, and select the issue, and click assign. In the future I plan on adding a section to "exclude" licenses from the pool of available ones just for that reason.

In the meantime, you can just create an account for your own company, and assign the license product to them so it doesn't mistakenly get assigned to someone else.

Okay brilliant,

And does this need to go through the order process of client area? or does it work if a admin places the order for a client in admin area ?

Cheers

You wouldn't go through the normal order process. The addon has a text area that you enter the client ID and press 'Assign'. The addon then does the rest.

WOW! I was just thinking how great it would be to have a plugin that does this.

Keeping track of WHMCS keys via excel and logging in all the time to reissue can be a massive pain!

I will definitely be purchasing this after I have heard some feedback from WHMCS reseller users.

I'm pretty firm on the price. I spent a lot of time developing this and I know I probably will not sell very many of them due to the specific nature of the software.

In all honesty it will save you a ton of time if you handle a lot of WHMCS licenses for your customers. It provides a centralized location to keep track of the licenses, and also gives your customers the ability to reissue the licenses themselves. After you get a couple hundred or more licenses, handling reissue requests becomes a pain. :)

Within the next month or so I'll be releasing a new version that will have the ability to charge for the licenses as an addon for existing customers. Just need to workout the details of how exactly I'm going to handle it so it will still be very user-friendly for the admin.

and also gives your customers the ability to reissue the licenses themselves. After you get a couple hundred or more licenses, handling reissue requests becomes a pain. :)

Even better, you never said in your first post that clients can reissue there own keys:D

Within the next month or so I'll be releasing a new version that will have the ability to charge for the licenses as an addon for existing customers. Just need to workout the details of how exactly I'm going to handle it so it will still be very user-friendly for the admin.

To be honest with you, I think only a few selected people are allowed to "resell" the keys with there very own markup.

Anyway I think I will be purchasing this after a discussion with my partner. I am really surprised that WHMCS does not offer a API or Mod for this developed by there own staff.

Even better, you never said in your first post that clients can reissue there own keys:D

I didn't? Whoops! Ya, thats kind of a big deal. :)

To be honest with you, I think only a few selected people are allowed to "resell" the keys with there very own markup.

As long as you are not selling them outright, but only as value-added services to your customers, then it is allowed: http://www.whmcs.com/resellers.php

At least thats how I understand it.

Anyway I think I will be purchasing this after a discussion with my partner. I am really surprised that WHMCS does not offer a API or Mod for this developed by there own staff.

Great. feel free to contact me if you have any questions about it, or have ideas for improvements.

I am also surprised that they do not have an API for this. It would have made this module 100x easier to write. If they do come out with an API, I'll obviously recode this to work with it.

EDIT: I did say that the customers have the ability to reissue in the first post. See the last sentence in the first paragraph. :)

Description

This module will allow you to resell licenses for WHMCS through your website. The module will automatically import the licenses on your whmcs.com client area and store them for allocation to your customers. When assigning a license to a customer, the module will automatically create a new order/product that is viewable in the customers client area, and provides detailed information about the license as well as the ability to reissue it.

This does not work with addons. You must have a separate product for it, at least in its current state.

Since the assignment process is done semi-manually, you could still allow them to use it. If they select the addon for a WHMCS license in their order, you would simply go to the admin interface for this module and enter their client ID and select a license from the drop down list to assign one to them. You would still need to create a separate product so it displays correctly in the client area.

• 2 weeks later...