Affiliate Coupons

Purpose

This module was created to allow affiliates to create their own coupon codes to provide to their clients.

Features

• Create an unlimited amount of coupon templates
  • Allow affiliates to create coupons based on templates
  • End-users using affiliate coupon codes get a discount, and the affiliate gets a referral credit
  • Affiliate can redirect their affiliate URL to a custom landing page

Price

FREE!

Support

I'll do my best to support this product, but being that it is free and open source, please do not expect me to take hours troubleshooting any problems you have. Either post here, or email me

Where do I download it?

All versions will be listed below with their applicable download links. You should almost always choose the latest version.

Affiliate Coupons 1.1 - download

Affiliate Coupons 1.0 - download

Please let me know if you find any bugs, and I am always willing to accept patches for new features, bugs, etc.

Frank Laszlo

Code Ninja

A Small Orange Software

Edited by laszlof

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice mod Frank :)

Just a couple of questions:

- How does it deal with multi-currency support? The default "Fixed Price" coupon seems to show $5 regardless of the customers currency. If someone signed up for a product in GBP what discount would they get?

- I assume the coupon amount is "free" to the affiliate? i.e The $5 discount isn't deducted from their payout?

Thanks

Dan

Take a look at the configuration file (affcoupon_conf.php). It allows you to create whatever coupon layout you want. The $5 off coupon was just an example, I assume that WHMCS will do the currency conversion? You would have to test it out :)

And yes, the coupon doesn't cost the affiliate anything. Its just a way to entice people to go through them as an affiliate. Would you rather follow some shotty referral link, or use a coupon code given to you by someone that saves you $5? In turn, the coupon does exactly what the referral link would do, and give a commission to the affiliate, but it also grants the end user a discount as well. Its a win/win situation for affiliates.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

EDIT: I believe the coupon amount will be in your default currency. However, I probably hardcoded the dollar sign so that may be something I will have to look at.

Edited by laszlof

Thanks Frank.

I took a look at the config but couldn't see any mention of currency. I've run a test and it just gives $/£5 off depending on the currency the new client chooses to sign up with, though thats a WHMCS limitation rather than a mod problem.

Great idea for a mod and seems to work great.

Thanks for clearing that up, I was a bit puzzled myself. I assume that would be the same with any coupon code used. If someone pays with a currency that is worth a lot more than USD, they could get a sizable discount. Oh well, We've been using the $5 coupons for a long time and never really had an issue, as most people pay in USD anyways.

In a future release I'll see about adding a currency option.

It may also be worth adding if the coupon is recurring or not to the dropdown in future releases, at the moment it doesn't mention anything which may be confusing when offering for example a 20% one time discount and a recurring 10%.

Not as far as I know. Make sure you don't have "display_errors" enabled in your configuration file. Don't ask me why, but if you have this enabled, things break during checkout. I believe I noted it in the README or INSTALL file.

We're using it in a live environment with a couple thousand affiliates, and haven't had any problems.

Edited by laszlof

The included affiliate.tpl file contains the correct code, you can just drop it in place of the existing affiliate.tpl file if you wish. If you have already modified the affiliate template, you only need to add the aforementioned lines where you wish the affiliate coupon section to show up.

Yes, you would need to edit affcoupons.php. There is no template used for that section.

I used the default style sheets so modifications to the CSS should match up with your site fairly well, but hey, its free software so feel free to do whatever you want to it. :)

Just remember that when I release updated versions you will likely need to redo whatever changes you make.

You're very welcome. Expect to see improvements to this one, and some other idea's I've been poking around for NEW addons. Most of what I release will be free, but I do have a few idea's for some more commercial-level mods that I will probably charge a fee for.