Community Forums

Discuss, share and get help from our community of friendly WHMCS users

Close
Login to Your Account
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Default Affiliate Coupons

Purpose
    This module was created to allow affiliates to create their own coupon codes to provide to their clients.

Features
    • Create an unlimited amount of coupon templates
    • Allow affiliates to create coupons based on templates
    • End-users using affiliate coupon codes get a discount, and the affiliate gets a referral credit
    • Affiliate can redirect their affiliate URL to a custom landing page

Price
    FREE!

Support
    I'll do my best to support this product, but being that it is free and open source, please do not expect me to take hours troubleshooting any problems you have. Either post here, or email me

Where do I download it?
    All versions will be listed below with their applicable download links. You should almost always choose the latest version.

Affiliate Coupons 1.1 - download
    Affiliate Coupons 1.0 - download

Please let me know if you find any bugs, and I am always willing to accept patches for new features, bugs, etc.

Frank Laszlo
    Code Ninja
    A Small Orange Software
    Last edited by laszlof; 07-28-10 at 11:19 AM.

Looks like a good idea, Will download and check it out later,

Cheers
    Regards Liam
    www.easywhmcs.com
    WHMCS Mods/Addons

Nice mod Frank

Just a couple of questions:

- How does it deal with multi-currency support? The default "Fixed Price" coupon seems to show $5 regardless of the customers currency. If someone signed up for a product in GBP what discount would they get?

- I assume the coupon amount is "free" to the affiliate? i.e The $5 discount isn't deducted from their payout?

Thanks

Dan

Take a look at the configuration file (affcoupon_conf.php). It allows you to create whatever coupon layout you want. The $5 off coupon was just an example, I assume that WHMCS will do the currency conversion? You would have to test it out

And yes, the coupon doesn't cost the affiliate anything. Its just a way to entice people to go through them as an affiliate. Would you rather follow some shotty referral link, or use a coupon code given to you by someone that saves you $5? In turn, the coupon does exactly what the referral link would do, and give a commission to the affiliate, but it also grants the end user a discount as well. Its a win/win situation for affiliates.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

EDIT: I believe the coupon amount will be in your default currency. However, I probably hardcoded the dollar sign so that may be something I will have to look at.
    Last edited by laszlof; 07-28-10 at 03:11 PM.

Thanks Frank.

I took a look at the config but couldn't see any mention of currency. I've run a test and it just gives $/5 off depending on the currency the new client chooses to sign up with, though thats a WHMCS limitation rather than a mod problem.

Great idea for a mod and seems to work great.

Thanks for clearing that up, I was a bit puzzled myself. I assume that would be the same with any coupon code used. If someone pays with a currency that is worth a lot more than USD, they could get a sizable discount. Oh well, We've been using the $5 coupons for a long time and never really had an issue, as most people pay in USD anyways.

In a future release I'll see about adding a currency option.

It may also be worth adding if the coupon is recurring or not to the dropdown in future releases, at the moment it doesn't mention anything which may be confusing when offering for example a 20% one time discount and a recurring 10%.

Have a cookie. ASO rocks.

Thanks buddy for this mod......very useful thing...but i can't manage it through WHMCS admin area...
    -Bilal Ahmed - [email protected]

I'll probably add that in the next release. For now, you'll need to use the configuration file.

No problem and is there any bug in it? I have to use it in live environment so i can't afford any trouble

Thanks for the mod.

Not as far as I know. Make sure you don't have "display_errors" enabled in your configuration file. Don't ask me why, but if you have this enabled, things break during checkout. I believe I noted it in the README or INSTALL file.

We're using it in a live environment with a couple thousand affiliates, and haven't had any problems.
    Last edited by laszlof; 08-01-10 at 12:16 AM.

ok Great, in end of affiliate.tpl there is a code :

{php}
    include('affcoupons.php');
    {/php}
    Now how can i make it part of affiliate .tpl file so that i can customize it easily?

The included affiliate.tpl file contains the correct code, you can just drop it in place of the existing affiliate.tpl file if you wish. If you have already modified the affiliate template, you only need to add the aforementioned lines where you wish the affiliate coupon section to show up.

I know that, But i want to edit the affiliate coupon section. Do i need to modify it in affcoupons.php or Is there any way i can do it?

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast