Joomla & WHCMS showcase

Dear Readers,

thought i just post my site here as i looked at many site integrations and thought well we are not doing that bad, :D

here we go, this is pure Joomla and WHCMS in one:

site: http://www.spiders-webdesign.com

whcms: http://www.spiders-webdesign.com/hosting/index.php

please let me know what you think and any feedback is appreciated.

thank you

christiaan van twisk

A little constructive criticism :) Please take this in the kindest possible way.

You main page intro, tho very impressive btw, will kill your SEO ranking as none of your keywords actually exist in text on the front page. Your animation would be better suited to embed it somewhere on your site. Remember the golden rule, each pages keywords must appear on the descriptive text somewhere on that page. As this is the first page Google, AOL, etc etc will spider you will have a link in google with nothing beside it eventually.

The site itself is excellent, altho as a customer I may be put off with the words UNLIMITED everywhere, this usually, from a clients point of view, make you look like an overseller. I dont mean to say you are an overseller but this is the way it portrays you.

The uptime monitors from "Web Hosting Stuff" I would be dubious about having them there, reason being, we used to have it there and their servers that supply the images and buttons are forever going down. Looking at the loading of your site they are not the last thing to appear on the page, meaning the site would look broken if and when webhostingstuffs sites go down for anohour at a time.

Please be aware, this is only my personal opinion and wish you all the best

Regards,

Jeff

Dear Jeff,

thank you very much for your thoughts, will work that SEO thing out. from a customer point of view i think the unlimited for one reason only. this is that in Ireland the hosting is very limited and also very expensive for what you get. but i understand what you mean by overselling. this i am not. I have started this venture a year ago and have a very personal contact with all clients. most of them have also recommended my services to others and this is generating a good response and client base so far.

the logo for the review of web hosting stuff, thanks for the note on these, i will monitor this for a while and possibly take them of. tweaking is done of many things and your thoughts will move this forward.

once again thank you for your thoughts and hope to hear from you in future.

HI Jeff,

Sorry for the late reponse, yes play movie. well this is what it is all about, a bit of an intro. I think it looks good and its catchy and defines what i am about service wise.

the if they get sick of looking at it or want to skip, they can.

but i am happy with any opinion as we should all leave each others thought in their value. overall the site look better from what it was and now moving forward.

You can send me an email to contact@spiders-webdesign.com for a more personal chat and maybe we can share some thoughts.

thank you.

• 5 weeks later...

Its a nice effort, but this template is being seriously overused.

I have nothing against template usage it gives a nice start to the site, and I know good hosting templates are hard to find, but this one is used far too much and doesnt make you stand out because of that.

What you have done with the content and setup is good though, so well done to you for that.

Dear PingVPS.

thank you for the feedback, yes i do understad tat others might have used the template, please note my location is relatively new to this, there are a few few big hosting companies and one of the main one ones is the back bone of our operation. if you looking in our county and area we will be the only one that has a decent looking site and offer good value for money.

may the future grow us and we will then do a complete revamp.

thx

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Question, When you get to the shopping cart there is a cool step 1 - 5 on the left hand side, I have seen this on other showcase websites - this however does not appear on the WHMCS demo . . . Is it in the new version or is it custom code?