Having Horrible Problem With Cron Jobs

SpecHosting

I have a full list of issues with my whmcs. The url is http://www.spechosting.com/client/index.php

I will list below everything that has gone wrong.

• First off, I get a cron job notice sent to my email support@spechosting.com every fifteen minutes, how do I disable this notice?
  • Second, one of my clients had an overdue invoice, and she got a invoice reminder email every fifteen minutes sent to her email. Why is this and how can I set it to where it send ONCE per day
  • Third, and this is a new problem, I sent an email to support@spechosting.com to sales@spechosting.com to test to see if everything was piped correctly, and, when I checked sales@spechosting.com, I had over 2000 emails all from the whmcs system saying that a ticket id had been issued and would be with you shortly

What is going on and how in the world can I fix this, Hostgator, my reseller provider, has done everything possible. They said it was obvoiusly something that I would have to take up with the WHMCS.

What should I do?

The cron for WHMCS should not be run every 15 minutes, it should be run once per day. That should stop the frequent notices to both you and the customer.

The large number of emails may also be a result of the too-often cron and possibly having both addresses piped into the desk for tickets. You get an email from the cron to address1, which pipes into the desk, which replies to address2, which sends an autoresponse to address1 and so on.

Guessing here, as we'd need more info to go on.

As Bear said the cron should be set for once a day, not every 15 minutes (you can change the cron setting in cpanel).

If I'm reading it correctly, you sent a test email to sales@yourdomain.com from the email address support@yourdomain.com?

If support@yourdomain.com and sales@yourdomain.com are both setup as departments in the whmcs helpdesk, you've created a loop.

Basically:

1) email sent to sales@yourdomain.com from support@yourdomain.com

2) whmcs receives email, creates ticket and sends out autoresponse,

3) whmcs receives autoresponse (to support@yourdomain.com) creates new ticket and sends out autoresponse,

4) whmcs receives autoresponse (to sales@yourdomain.com) creates ticket, and sends out autoresponse,

5) go to step 3