Virtuozzo WHMCS Module Released!

Good morning everybody!

I'm pretty proud to say that we have finished the module, We got some good reviews from our beta and integrated in a few things from their requests.

Features of this module:

- Automatically create a VPS on a sale

- Automatically suspend a VPS on non-payment

- Automatically delete a VPS when a client closes a sevice

- Automatically terminate a VPS

- Allows Client to select Operating System for VPS (Linux Only)

- Works With Windows and Linux Vritozzo Servers

- Works with Virtuozzo 4

- Works with WHMCS 3.8 or 4.0

Welcome to visit our website.

http://www.helixdevelopment.com/products.html

We will also be working on a OpenVZ module that allow OpenVZ creation etc etc without having to have HyperVM.

~Michael

Helix Development.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good job on releasing the module, can you provide some screenshots?

Also have you considered a one time price with support renewal instead of an annual subscription? we really hate subscriptions and it'll probably come down to the same amount.

What screen shots do you want to see specifically? Server Module, Order page, Customers Product info?

We have considered doing a one time pricing. but it makes it kind of hard to be able to support the modules this way. what if there is a major security flaw in the module. Does the customer get the update for this or does he have to buy the new module? So many variables is all.

I will get some screenies for you.

~Michael

What screen shots do you want to see specifically? Server Module, Order page, Customers Product info?

All possible screenshots would be nice.

We have considered doing a one time pricing. but it makes it kind of hard to be able to support the modules this way. what if there is a major security flaw in the module. Does the customer get the update for this or does he have to buy the new module? So many variables is all.

One time price for most sofware will have an initial payment ($100 for example) which include let's say 6 month or 1 year of support, when support period expires the client will have to pay for renewal (say $50/yr) to get support or download updates.

It works best for both sides, it keeps the developer motivated to release updates and bug fixes and keep the customer happy which usually results in more business for the developer, on the other hand with subscription the developer don't have to do as much.

If a major security flaw was discovered in the module, customers with active support will be able to download the update, customers without active support will have to renew to get the update.

YES! We added in that feature. So when a customer is at the order form, they can choose if they want any OS loaded on your VZ servers.

downside is, we havent found a way to make templates automated if you do that. So it will just be a base linux install.

~Michael

So that means if we do not renew, the module will no longer work? I'm also for a one time fee then paying for support if there are major updates.

Hi

Ok . I am assuming that a customer cannot choose PLESK Control Panel via the API ?

Not yet. This is a planned feature to add we are currently looking into. They can still go in via power panel and add it.

Thanks,

Anthony

Can any control panels be automatically deployed?

At this time no, however you can do the following if you setup container sample configurations with plesk etc... in them it will auto provision that container with that sample and applications templates. We plan to make control panels, upgrades and down grades of specs 100% selectable in the near future.

Anthony

We have nothing to do with how you bill. Or setup the plans.

Anthony

Your MOD plugs into WHMCS which is a billing tool so yes, your MOD has something to do with how we can bill a customer ordering a VPS and your MOD has something to do with how we setup our plans based on options your MOD makes available to us !

The module has nothing to do with billing. It doesnt affect the way you bill. It's just a module that allows WHMCS to create/suspend/unsuspend/terminate give a paid bill, new order or none payment.

Lets say your customer signs up. They pick which package they want, they put in their information. Depending on the module connected to that package depends on what the create function will do. In the case of Virtuozzo, It's creating a VPS. Not sure what you mean by your statement. Still need to bill the customer for Virtuozzo or Plesk?

~Michael

Hi Michael

It has something to do with billing. If a customer doesnt pay an invoice , it suspends a VPS. That is a billing issue surely ?

Anyway ,if the module can automate PLESK installs then yes , we would need to bill the customer for PLESK . I think this is a major addition you need to focus on .

rgds

Martin

How many more times do we need to tell you that we have that in the plans already before you stop bring it up? Secondly if you do not understand how the WHMCS api works please stop trying to tell us how to write for it. Our module controls NOTHING of the billing side. It is simply called by WHMCS when certain things happen on the WHMCS side. Also we have already given you several current work arounds to this plesk control panel issue. Now if you would kindly stop bring it up we heard you the first ten times. If you can not offer any further idea's other than to tell us the same thing over and over, and trying to explain to us how to write the code then, please sit down and be quite. This functionality will be included in a future release just like I have already said before.

Oh and here is the next set of features to expect for the next release for anyone else interested.

1) Parrallel's Key Gen Integration w/ plesk control panel selection and installation into a VPS when a customer orders. (In short a customer will be able to order plesk from the order forms have it installed into a VPS and a license key of the correct type created and installed into the VPS)

2) Eye candy (ie graphs of bandwidth, space etc...) in the client side

3) Other minor various fixes, (ie reboot button for vps client side, optional plesk login button client side)

Anthony , you should not reply to posts on behalf of your company as your tone and aggresive replies are not doing you or your company any favours . Is that how you respond to your customers that pay you for server management ?

Secondly if you do not understand how the WHMCS api works please stop trying to tell us how to write for it.

Where did I tell you how to code your API ?

MICHAEL asked me a question.

Still need to bill the customer for Virtuozzo or Plesk?

I replied. That is all. You have given me ONE workaround for PLESK , not several .

I have not requested this 10 Times either or asked you over and over. I am only talking about this to initiate a discussion to help your MOD develop . If your not interesested in hearing your customers views and opinions then I suggest you do not communicate with customers and let someone else in your company look after that . You are clearly lacking in communication and people skills .

Regards

Martin

Hi Anthony

Thanks . We are all entitled to our off days . Its just when posting on a public forum you need to be mindful on how your replies come accross, especially when potential customers might be reading. Good luck with the MOD !

Rgds

Martin

I think were Anthony was getting at, is you can work plesk into the application template, but you wont be able to allow people to choose their OS in that situation.

If you want to allow htem to install Plesk, and choose their OS, they can log into the VZCC, and install it themselves via the template. They will be limited to 1 domain, or whatever it is without a license. So they will have to inquire about a license, then you know to charge them accordingly depending on the size of Plesk they want.

Thanks,

~Michael