Real purpose of orders

djpete

Are You Joking?

What's the real purpose of orders?

You need these to notify you what your customer order from you, without these how will you know what a customer orders from you and how much to charge them.

Should I keep them or delete them once approved?

you will need to keep all order once approved so you have a record of customers orders and invoices etc.

How important are they?

orders are the most important part of your business, so bioth you and your customers know what has been ordered and what the charges are, also you will need these for account purposes

I think it's safe to say that orders are only related to Products/Services and domains, things that have set prices/specs in WHMCS.

On the other hand, manually generated invoices and billable items will not be associated with orders.

If you always bill your customers on a per project basis, then you most likely won't have any orders. But if you have flat fee web design packages then they would be orders.

Can someone confirm this?

Quite apart from the above considerations, the main purpose of an order, in all fields, is to signify that your customer initiated a contract with you and it forms the whole basis of any business conducted. An order, being subject to your TOS, thus underpins, identifies, legitimises and sets out all related transactions. It is an absolutely essential legal document and practical Term of Reference.

It becomes even more powerful when also combined with a follow-up, post Order Acknowledgement also accompanied by your TOS, yet again; a highly professional and desirable practice that few, surprisingly, engage in. The last written business documentation, generally, is always the major determinant in any dispute.

Watch for those more formal orders that are accompanied by their own TOS which may radically alter the seller's TOS. Professional buyers are well aware of this. He who fires the last word wins. ;)

Edited by redrat

Take it easy guys.

Appreciate the answers.

I understand that the invoice is receipt of a transaction.

I suppose the question was if I delete an order does the invoice go with it?

And seems to be yes.

But I have quite a few orders with no invoice attached, prob from when I did my manual import from PHPCOIN (Made some errors)

So I think I can delete these dead orders if nothing is connected to them.

You see I had manually input details with coin because it was easier for my clients.

(Seems that in WHMCS you cant just make an invoice? It all has to go via an order which now makes sense.)

So I really didn't do many orders as such.

Most of my clients want a website built and add on hosting etc.

I would just add the hosting, domain, website or whatever, make up invoices bill client and keep invoices for my record and of course tax purposes.

This was the main reason for the switch to WHMCS.

Its a very easy order setup and the shopping cart is excellent.

And yes, I do hosting and domain resell also.

Hope that explains.

Redrats and Gears answers sum it up nicely.

Fanku!

Edited by djpete

If you dont want to creat order or clients account then

In your WHMCA admin area

>go to billing

look down and you will see creat new quote, complete the quote and at the bootom of the quote page their is a button to convert to invoice, use this and then send the invoice