Upgrading to 3.8.1 Fatal error: Smarty error:

davegeoghegan

Hello,

I did an upgrade from 3.6.2 to version 3.8.1, the upgrade seemed to go ok but afterwards when I logged in I got the following error message on the main page.

Fatal error: Smarty error: the $compile_dir '../D:\domains/site.tld/www/templates_c/' does not exist, or is not a directory. in D:\domains\site.tld\www\libs\Smarty.class.php on line 1095

Also I wasn't able to being up details on any users. We are running WHMCS on Windows with IIS. Has anyone else had this problem or does anyone know the fix?

Thanks

Dave Geoghegan

daveg@webworld.ie

the $compile_dir '../D:\domains/site.tld/www/templates_c/' does not exist, or is not a directory. in D:\domains\site.tld\www\libs\Smarty.class.php on line 1095

That error seems to indicate that the path to the templates_c folder is incorrect. If the error is generated from "D:\domains\site.tld\www\", then it stands to reason the path for the templates_c directory would be similar: "D:\domains\site.tld\www\templates_c".

I don't work much on Windows servers, so forgive me if this is incorrect, but:

'../D:\domains/site.tld/www/templates_c/'

Is leaving whatever folder/DIR it's in to look for "D:". If the script that's complaining is on "D:", why would you be leaving it to find the same DIR? Take off the "../" and try it.

Place folders called templates_c in a variety of directories and delete them one by one until you find the one thats needed? I know little about windows servers either but a simple trial and error approach should help you solve this?

Create the directories in all possible directories that you believe it may be and then implement the upgrade, if its not working you have come to the conclusion its none of those directories :)

If in doubt try bringing up a ticket, this is assuming that locating the directory is the problem at hand.