Using whmcs for dedicated server provides -Tips and suggestions?

[RS]-Jessica

In the past we have had issues using whmcs for our dedicated server provisioning so for a while we used a excel based spread sheet for it, This is getting tiresom now and are wanting to go back to a all in one solutions.

I was hoping people on the forum that use whmcs for the managing of there dedicated servers could give me some tips on how you use it.

My initial plans where to link each client product to a server that i added in the config -> servers section but realised you cant do that unless you create a new package each time for each client.

Also has any one integrated any sort of auto rebooting or client request rebooting into whmcs

WHMCS has made it so easy now to manage shared and vps environments they have conquered it, i would love to now seem them add some features for server providers, epically now burstNET is on there books

thanks

Edited by [RS]-Jessica

To my understanding, you have a dedicated server for a client, then that server is actually your product so you add it as a product. If you have a few of these servers that has the same configuration then you can use the stock control tab to only allow sales of that many servers. Each dedicated server has to be setup manually so you would not have to use the server module settings for automation.

As for remote rebooting of the server I wrote a module a few weeks back to do just that and also to collect and display the stats from the datacenter within the clientarea. It depends on whether your datacenter has an API to connect to, to be able to retrieve the stats and reboot the server.

Oh yes i know the servers need manual setup so there is no automation really necassry in most case, i am currently working on a plugin that interface with our dedicated cloud server provider xml api so clients can instantly add new server to there cluster.

For the most part we resell servers from burst and the planet i would like to see features where you can can automatically link the server ip put in to the ip monitor addon, because at the moment were manually crossing over the ips to the monitor, we use this so when the server goes down a reboot request is put in to the datacenter.

The reason i was trying to link client packages up to servers added in the config is so we could display server status in client area.

Another big factor is that whmcs doesn't allow you to put in server costs for each server package and addon so then all our report data and graphs are inaccurate.

Could a php script used to login to SSH not be used to reboot servers with the absence of a api