Module for provisioning Web-Storage only

sushlik

Hello,

I'm setting up a hosting-service with WHMCS and cPanel plus "cPanel Extended" module by modulesgarden.

Apart from selling cpanel-hosting I'd like to offer simple storage-boxes to my clients, so that they can order a simple storage-account to store files, photos etc. online and after order-confirmation they receive credentials to access their storage via SFTP, WebDAV etc. They should be able to upgrade or downgrade storage-size.

This is a very basic offering for clients who don't need a website, domain, email etc. so probably it would be overkill to sell cPanel to them. However it would be nice to use cpanel to provide the account, storage, credentials etc. as long as it would be possible to easily strip the according offering and the service-management-GUI in WHMCS to the very basic features described below. But if cPanel is not suitable for this, any alternative would do of course (which one?).

Online Storage Service Feature Set:

- order / terminate storage-account

- view credentials or resend credentials to client (FTP, SFTP, WebDAV etc.)

- upgrade / downgrade storage-size

- optional: add sub-user with its own credentials and assign storage sub-directory to sub-user

How would you implement such an offering in WHMCS?

If you'd use cpanel, how would you configure such package and how would you implement in WHMCS so that features in clientarea-GUI will be stripped down as described?

If you would use a separate server for this, which server-management would you use to connect with WHMCS and setup this offering?

I'm looking forward to your opinions and wish you all a lovely day :-)

Cheers,

Sascha