Managing customer dedicated and VPS servers via WHMCS

hazardpro

Hi all

Im struggling to figure out how to sell VPS and servers as a product on WHMCS

As I understand is so far:

I sell a VPS.... I would then purchase it from my supplier and get root access to WHM

I would then need to add the VPS as a Server in WHMCS using those root login details etc.

I can then assign the relevant product to the customer ok... but...how do I give the customer root access to their server?

At the moment I can only manage to add a user account to the customer (eg if I create a account via the VPS WHM I can then give the customer cPanel access. But i need to give them root level access as they will need to control the whole server.

Any advise welcome.

H.

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi,

Once you have provisioned the server per your own procedures. You would update the username and password fields under the client's Products/Services tab in WHMCS. Typically one might provide the root login details here so the user can obtain the credentials within their client area to access the server.

In a fully manual provisioning process like this, it would not be necessary to add the customer's server to the Setup > Products/Services > Servers page.

However if you were using an automated system such as SolusVM or Virtualizor, you might need to add the container to the servers page. Those configurations vary depending upon the module in use.

give them the url in the welcome email, this is in the pre made email template :-

Server Details

=============================

{$service_product_name}

Main IP: {$service_dedicated_ip}

Root pass: {$service_password}

IP address allocation:

{$service_assigned_ips}

ServerName: {$service_domain}

WHM Access (if applicable)

=============================

http://xxxxx:2086

Username: root

Password: {$service_password}

if your client has a dedi server or vps, they will just login directly rather than to the client area them into whm.