Bulk Pricing Updater Error

natanet

i have problem with Bulk Pricing Updater

i notice the latest version of Bulk Pricing Updater version 3.0

does it correct?

the problem is when i want to update domain price with extension .id, this will replace all domain for .co.id and .web.id and many more..

any solution? i want to update only for this domain extension .id (not .co.id)

thanks

- - - Updated - - -

also in the domain criteria:

Current Price is not working? even i enter the value or not, all the domain will be replace with new value..

nobody answer..helo

i assume this is a bug

then you should report it as a bug to WHMCS.

if it helps, i've just tried this with .co.uk and .uk...

1. I set a new recurring price of 7777.77 to .uk, chose 'cancelled' and ran the update... I know there are NO .uk domains that meet those conditions, but there is a .co.uk that would (but .co.uk wasn't selected) - however, it updated the .co.uk to 7777.77 :roll:

2. I set a new recurring price of 5555.55 to .uk, choose 'pending' and ran the update... I know there is 1 .uk domain that meet those conditions, this time it correctly updated the .uk domain and ignored the .co.uk :idea:

3. I re-ran 2. but set the .co.uk to 'pending'... and it updated both the .co.uk and .uk domains. :mad:

so there is a bug - it must be doing a search of tbldomains for .uk and finding that value in both domain.uk and domain.co.uk and changing them accordingly.

tbh, i'm not surprised because if you go back through the history of the addon (that link is just one example), it's always been a dodgy / iffy (or whatever polite work you want to describe it!) addon.

personally, I wouldn't dare use it on a live production site as I cannot trust it (never have, never will) - if I wanted to do a price update, i'd write my own SQL query and update the database that way... actually, if it were only a handful of domains, I might just do it manually.

UPDATE tbldomains SET recurringamount = "3333.33" WHERE domain NOT LIKE "%.co.uk" AND domain LIKE "%.uk" AND registrationperiod = "1";

so that would update the recurring price for .uk domains, but not .co.uk domains, with 1-year registration periods... logically it would update .org.uk domains too (but I don't have any in my v7.2.3 dev to confirm) - but you'd just keep expanding the query to suit your needs, e.g...

UPDATE tbldomains SET recurringamount = "3333.33" WHERE domain NOT LIKE  "%.co.id" AND domain NOT LIKE "%.web.id" AND domain LIKE "%.id" AND registrationperiod = "1";

please remember to always backup the database before running a query like this - especially if you're unfamiliar with writing SQL queries. :idea:

to be safe, you could always run it as a select query first to see which records it would find...

select * FROM tbldomains WHERE domain NOT LIKE "%.co.uk" AND domain NOT LIKE "%.org.uk" AND domain LIKE "%.uk" AND registrationperiod = "1";

.. and then when you're happy the UPDATE query would only change the domains you want, then you could run it (but still backup the database just in case!).

• 2 months later...

Hi Dear Friends,

I do start update Domain price of .co in my WHMCS with module of Bulk Pricing Updater but show error:

Failed!
0 Database Record(s) Updated

SQL Query for Debugging Purposes
UPDATE tbldomains SET recurringamount=27.00 WHERE (domain LIKE '%.com.co') AND registrationperiod='1' AND status IN ('Pending','Pending Transfer','Active') AND userid IN (SELECT id FROM tblclients WHERE currency=1) AND (dnsmanagement='1' OR (dnsmanagement='on' AND dnsmanagement != '0')) AND (emailforwarding='1' OR (emailforwarding='on' AND emailforwarding != '0')) AND (idprotection='1' OR (idprotection = 'on' AND idprotection != '0'))

Please help me for solve this problem

Thank you

• 2 months later...
On 11/22/2017 at 9:20 AM, pasargad said:

Bulk Pricing Updater error:

Failed!
0 Database Record(s) Updated

SQL Query for Debugging Purposes
UPDATE tbldomains SET recurringamount=27.00 WHERE (domain LIKE '%.com.co') AND registrationperiod='1' AND status IN ('Pending','Pending Transfer','Active') AND userid IN (SELECT id FROM tblclients WHERE currency=1) AND (dnsmanagement='1' OR (dnsmanagement='on' AND dnsmanagement != '0')) AND (emailforwarding='1' OR (emailforwarding='on' AND emailforwarding != '0')) AND (idprotection='1' OR (idprotection = 'on' AND idprotection != '0'))

I am having the same problem but for any TLD I choose to update the price for. Is there any news about this being a bug or not?