Parmeter missing username

Message added by WHMCS ChrisD

This thread is affected by an existing case CORE-10931 and barring any unforeseen problems is scheduled for release in WHMCS v7.5 we will update this thread when a release is made.  We also recommend keeping an eye on the Changelog

I've been searching for hours and can't find an answer to this specific problem:

I tried registering a domain through the front end of the system, (for a different organization than my web biz, so a "real" registration).

The module queue shows that the original registration with Reseller Club failed because of missing field 'state'.

I found the answer to that problem and updated the client profile with the Province. All fields in the client profile are completed.

When I press "Retry" the process fails with the error message:

"Required parameter missing: username"

The module debugging reports gives the following:

Under "Request":

Array

(

[auth-userid] => ******

[api-key] => ********************************

[username] =>

[passwd] => xxxxxxxx

[name] =>

[company] => N/A

[address-line-1] =>

[address-line-2] =>

[city] =>

[state] =>

[zipcode] =>

[country] =>

[phone-cc] => 0

[phone] =>

[lang-pref] => en

[posteddata] => auth-userid=******&api-key=********************************&&passwd=xxxxxxxxxx&name=%20&company=N%2FA&address-line-1=0&address-line-2=0&&&&&phone-cc=0&phone=&lang-pref=en

)

Under "Response":

Array

(

[status] => ERROR

[message] => Required parameter missing: username

)

It seems as though the module is sending almost no registration information, and the response is halting the process on the first error (first empty field, "username")

Is this a bug? Or is it me!?

Appreciate any help.

John

Thanks for replies. Using the latest version of WHMCS - 7.2.3.

All fields in the client profile are completed. Email address was in the first time I tried to run the domain registration, which the module is supposed to submit to Reseller Club as the user name.

What was originally missing was the "State" (missing parameter: state"). I added that to the profile and clicked try again in the module queue. This time username was the missing parameter, but in fact if you look at the submission array, no user details at all are included. Or am I reading it wrong?

John

Hi Andrew

I'm not sure I understand the question exactly - do you mean if I just try to register a domain using the domain registration form in the client area?

If so, that's how I started, and it didn't work because there was a missing field in the profile ("state" = Province in Canada). After I corrected that I think I only have the module queue to work with for that particular domain. I can see if the whole process can be deleted, issue a credit to the client records and try again from scratch.

To me there's still a problem. Although there was an error on the first attempt to register, wouldn't a well written script check for missing fields, request the information from the user and then carry on with the process? I'm not a coder at all, so I hope that's not coming across as arrogant! Just seems there should be a logical correction step so that the process doesn't fail completely.

Also, does the posted error log message I included earlier give any clues about what is going wrong?

I'll try a registration from scratch again and see if it works.

Appreciate the help.

John

• 4 months later...

Hello.

I get similar problem:

Required parameter missing: username

All of my settings is right. Username and ID. But, domain is not registered automatically, or manually (when I push in "pending modules actions"). Only  when I go to "Domains" tab of customer and push "register" domain is registered in ReserllerClub.

Any ideas?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello @WHMCS ChrisD

I don't see  CORE-10931 in WHMCS 7.5.0 Changelog.

And today I get second anomality with ResellerClub module. Now, I get that problem:  {zip=Postal Code is incorrect}  - but this is not true. Postal code is normal (1078). Phone, state and other options is good. I re-check it buy another customer's profiles with domain. I don't understand why ResellerClub module is not work normally. I write about this problem to ResellerClub but don't get answer. 

And why  CORE-10931 is not in changelog for WHMCS 7.5? 

Hey @tengri

Unsure why this isn't noted in the changelog, internally it shows me as being released in the Beta.

In regards to the postal code error this indicates it's being rejected by their checks, can you try wihtout the postal code in the client profile and see if this helps