I need a WHMCS Developer Licence

TRG

Question

I need a WHMCS Developers Licence for testing purposes on my server, I need it to test out themes and other stuff when I actually buy WHMCS.

I am only going to be running it on localhost mainly because I do not want other people trying to purchase somehow?

Other than that hopefully it is free because I need it free for the moment so I can do this testing, also I'll need the download. :)

9 answers to this question

I need a WHMCS Developers Licence for testing purposes on my server, I need it to test out themes and other stuff when I actually buy WHMCS.

I am only going to be running it on localhost mainly because I do not want other people trying to purchase somehow?

Other than that hopefully it is free because I need it free for the moment so I can do this testing, also I'll need the download. :)

a developers license would be free, but in order to get one, you already need to have a license direct from WHMCS... catch-22 :)

https://www.whmcs.com/members/index.php/knowledgebase/142/Can-I-have-an-additional-license-key-for-our-test-server-before-going-live.html

We are able to offer a Developers License to qualified individuals. This Development License can be used for testing upgrades as well as for usage with developing modules or addons for WHMCS. A qualified individual is someone who has an active Monthly leased license that was purchased directly through WHMCS or an Owned license user that has an active Support & Updates subscription.

therefore, the only legal way to do what you want would be to purchase a license from WHMCS - although ironically, if you do that, then you won't need to get a developers license. :-P

you could buy & try it for 30 days, and if it's not suitable for your needs, contact WHMCS for a refund.

Sadly, WHMCS does not have a monthly addon price for the license fees they only have now. I could see the one off prices when they sold owned licenses, but now it's kind of redundant. Maybe WHMCS could consider changing that too. Since they changed the price.

I know it. I had the owned licens, plus projects, plus license manager, plus mobile apps, plus chat and I sold all of them 2years ago for just $250. And now I'm in monthly plan :(

I know it. I had the owned licens, plus projects, plus license manager, plus mobile apps, plus chat and I sold all of them 2years ago for just $250. And now I'm in monthly plan :(

why would you get rid of an owned license??

they can have my owned license when they can pry it from my cold dead hands.

Or when they "pull a Kayako" and make renewals so expensive and unpalatable that you have no choice. wink.png

Kayako committed self-murder in the process as well. You can't-do that if you release a buggy software, unstable and that has nothing but problems. Almost every company I know that used Kayako in the past is not using them anymore. I wonder why...

I stopped using Kayako (unlimited license) a lot of time before they even announced all those changes. Also, I would never consider a software like as a cloud service. There is way too much sensitive business data on the support system. I'm sure a lot of companies can't even use that for compliance reasons.

Edited by yggdrasil