Late Fee and Redemption

sahostking

Currently we have customers that do not pay for domains and they expire. But when the domain is expired the invoice is still there even when it goes into redemption period.

How do we add a redemption fee to the invoice?

or what is a better solution?

I notice there is a late fee feature but that seems to be for both web hosting and domains?

This seems to be an important feature that is missing?

Thanks

Currently we have customers that do not pay for domains and they expire. But when the domain is expired the invoice is still there even when it goes into redemption period.

How do we add a redemption fee to the invoice?

or what is a better solution?

I notice there is a late fee feature but that seems to be for both web hosting and domains?

This seems to be an important feature that is missing?

I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for WHMCS to add the feature...

https://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?110875-domain-redemption-fee-and-renewal&p=452358#post452358

Due to these reams of different rules and the fact that it's a manual process at some registrar, WHMCS does not currently automate any domain redemption activities.

This is probably for the best so that you can check the redemption price for the particular domain with your registrar, manually invoice the client and then initiate the redemption restoration process via their website.

there used to be a free Redemption Fee addon, but it hasn't been updated for years and the developer is seemingly no longer around.

https://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?85031-Domain-Redemption-Fee-Module

in my opinion, redemption fees and WHMCS is a problem best avoided - e.g get the client to pay long before any redemption fees would apply... i'm not sure that i've even had a client's domain go into redemption in the last 3 years as i've angled everything in WHMCS to avoid it occurring - primarily changing the email templates, t&c, invoices etc to warn about possible redemption fees (or loss of domain) for late payment.