Project Management addons

ptmzr

(Tried to post this in an existing thread here:

https://forums.whmcs.com/showthread.php?116562-Project-Management-Integration

but the forum settings did not allow that.)

Is there any feature-by-feature comparison for all Project Management addons available for WHMCS?

Has anyone tried them all and come to a thoroughly informed conclusion?

Thank you.

Maybe is better to list in priority your needs? Have tried both 2 that are available now, but still I'm missing one that I used back to 2001 by a company seems that now works only as hosting provider, and they removed it from the market.

The current ones, with better (in my opinion) Project Management & Activity Tracking are very complicated for my needs, so instead to save time working with them, I found that I'm wasting time. That's why I gave up.

Maybe is better to list in priority your needs? Have tried both 2 that are available now, but still I'm missing one that I used back to 2001 by a company seems that now works only as hosting provider, and they removed it from the market.

The current ones, with better (in my opinion) Project Management & Activity Tracking are very complicated for my needs, so instead to save time working with them, I found that I'm wasting time. That's why I gave up.

Nice depth! Gave me a smile :)

Re needs:

#1 keep various projects separate while communicating with different or same staff about tasks/milestones

#2 each staff should be able to reply or upload or approve previous steps/documents

#3 to automate certain tasks, some workflow element would be appreciated

#4 flexible billing for tasks/milestones/time

#5 staff review and awards, both private and public

> missing one that I used back to 2001 by a company seems that now works only as hosting provider

Was that an SaaS solution or a self-hosted script? Can you tell the name of the software/company?

> current ones...very complicated...instead to save time...wasting time

Agreed, sometimes it is better, especially for unique projects, to just use simple tools (e.g. txt, email, chat, paypal invoice).

I could give you access to a system, and you could tell me if you find it better than the two Project Mgmt addons, cause I can still give it back (30d return), especially since development seems slow...

• 1 month later...
On 03/09/2017 at 5:40 PM, ptmzr said:

(Tried to post this in an existing thread here:

https://forums.whmcs.com/showthread.php?116562-Project-Management-Integration

but the forum settings did not allow that.)

Is there any feature-by-feature comparison for all Project Management addons available for WHMCS?

Has anyone tried them all and come to a thoroughly informed conclusion?

Thank you.

I've been trying to find a Project Management solutions too, one that provides facility to post comments and add attachments on the client side as well as admin side. There is an official WHMCS one which looks a little basic although I donlt know for sure as there's no demo or trial version. The one I've been testing is  here: https://www.wbteampro.com/product-features  it takes a bit of getting to grips with and not the most intuitive but it has quite a good feature set BUT doesn't appear to offer the option for clients to post comments and add attachments to tasks/projects. If you find any other options post back here please as I'm still on the look out .....

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/6/2017 at 6:29 AM, energylevels said:

There is an official WHMCS one which looks a little basic although I donlt know for sure as there's no demo or trial version.

Yeah, I tried this for a short period of time, then quickly returned it during trial period, since it is (as you wrote) quite basic, and when reading that some good features were taken out and replaced with less functionality, it was all clear to me, that another system will have to do. Some integrations are not worth it, and it is better to use dedicated software. SuiteCRM seems a good CRM, incl Project Management, Work Flow, and soon even Surveys, and it is free open source ;)

You then have to integrate a few things if you want to use both, each for some part, but that is better than not having the features you need.

Edited by ptmzr
edit