API - Create a button for cPanel Login?

wellconnit

Hi All,

I was wondering if someone can point me in the right direction to create a button that will link to the specific customer cPanel.

I've got the service details, etc displaying but i'm unsure of the best way to add a button to the page that will take the user to the cPanel screen that the service is related too.

I'm guessing I'll need to get an authentication key of some sort but i'm unsure of the steps that I should be taking to get this done.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • WHMCS Developer

I guess from this you are creating your own client area away from WHMCS?

There isn't an API command that would provide a login button for you. You can see the existing login button in modules/servers/cpanel/templates/loginbuttons.tpl - however this would require that the client is signed into WHMCS to work.

I guess from this you are creating your own client area away from WHMCS?

There isn't an API command that would provide a login button for you. You can see the existing login button in modules/servers/cpanel/templates/loginbuttons.tpl - however this would require that the client is signed into WHMCS to work.

Thanks for the response Andrew, yeah I'm creating my own client area using the API to get all the details.

I know I probably can't get a direct login button, but is there no way to authenticate using OAuth or something else and then just try redirecting to the page?

Currently they verify their login using the API and then their Client ID & rest of the details are returned which I use to grab their details out of the DB.

Any additional help on this is great.

• WHMCS Developer

Whilst you couldn't use WHMCS SSO, you could use https://docs.whmcs.com/AutoAuth to redirect the user to the url you wish within the client area.

Alternatively, you could also build your own sign on link using the WHM API - https://documentation.cpanel.net/display/SDK/WHM+API+1+Functions+-+create_user_session

• 1 month later...

Hi Andrew,

Sorry to bump an old thread but is there a way to use AutoAuth with a goto pointing towards the cPanel login??

Otherwise is it possible to store the autoauth credentials so that when it tries to authenticate it will login automatically and not prompt for a login??

Looking for any other suggestions you may have on this also.

Thanks