System Health Cron Warning

I'm having a System Health Warning towards cron. Our WHMCS (7.2.3) was pre-installed with softaculous. Here are the warnings below:

System Cron Tasks

The system cron does not appear to have completed successfully within the last 24 hours. Check your activity logs or learn more about enabling the cron in our documentation.

Pop Cron Ticket Import

We notice you have POP3 account connection details configured for at least one support department, but the ticket import cron task does not appear to have completed successfully within the past hour. Please ensure the cron is configured correctly. You can learn more about pop email importing in our documentation.

Here is the cron set up in cPanel(username was replaced for security:

*/5	*	*	*	*	php -q /home/username/whmcsdata/crons/cron.php

*/5	*	*	*	*	php -q /home/username/whmcsdata/crons/pop.php

0	3	*/2	*	*	php -q /home/username/whmcsdata/crons/domainsync.php

Thanks!

Hey SSHosting,

Thanks for getting in touch.

It sounds like something may be preventing the cron from running could you please try running the following in your servers terminal window and see if any errors appear

Here is the error

Warning: getWhmcsInitPath(/home/username/whmcsdata/crons/config.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/username/whmcsdata/crons/functions.php on line 0
mmap cache can't open /home/username/whmcsdata/crons/config.php - Permission denied
Warning: getWhmcsInitPath(/home/username/whmcsdata/crons/config.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/username/whmcsdata/crons/functions.php on line 0

Fatal error: getWhmcsInitPath(): Failed opening required '/home/username/whmcsdata/crons/config.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/username/whmcsdata/crons/functions.php on line 0

Thank you!

I found the issue was that on WHMCS installation, it had messed up the CRON setup in Cpanel.

It put it as something strange.

Not what it was suppose to be.

So I edited it to a common default of 5 minutes.

Cron now works ok, yet the STATUS still says the cron is not working.

I am still trying to iron out the rest of the installation bugs that WHMCS has done upon installation.

e.g. Welcome email does not send, yet rest do, upon account creation.

So I removed all the crap that was in the welcome email, simply put, "Test Welcome Email" and it worked, it sent.

Put it back to default, it don't.

Along with automatic payment issues and many other things.

Imagine if you got a refund per BUG, this would be FREE or WHMCS would owe me money.

I found the issue was that on WHMCS installation, it had messed up the CRON setup in Cpanel.

It put it as something strange.

Not what it was suppose to be.

In mine, I had to set the cron up myself. Yours set it up automatically? What was in it?

Imagine if you got a refund per BUG, this would be FREE or WHMCS would owe me money.

Rampant negativity isn't helping, so you might consider toning down your responses some. WHMCS is complicated, and errors are bound to happen, though not all of them are the script's fault. ;)