How to prevent customers removing items from review and check out page?

lowell

I have a client that purchased a hosting plan with an example.net then she added example.info

So the hosting plan's main domain is example.net.

However, at the review and checkout page, that client decided not to buy that example.net domain anymore so she removed it then checked out.

On her account it is still showing that her main domain is example.net of course it will not work because example.net is not registered just the example.info

How can I prevent this from happening?

How can I fix this? How can I make the example.info as the main domain for that hosting account instead of the example.net?

I have a client that purchased a hosting plan with an example.net then she added example.info

So the hosting plan's main domain is example.net.

However, at the review and checkout page, that client decided not to buy that example.net domain anymore so she removed it then checked out.

On her account it is still showing that her main domain is example.net of course it will not work because example.net is not registered just the example.info

How can I prevent this from happening?

an interesting question... and possibly one that only a new user would notice as the rest of us will just take this for granted as to how WHMCS works. :)

I think technically the "require domain" checkbox is really just a toggle to show whether the domain options (reg/transfer/sub/own) should be shown during the product cart ordering process, it's not a "this product must be bought with a domain" enforcement rule.

but taking a step back and looking at it logically, it is slightly bizarre that you have a product that seemingly requires a domain, yet when you remove the domain from the cart, you're still allowed to checkout the product... but as I said, that's a misnomer of the "require domain" function.

How can I fix this?

with great difficulty!

I suppose if you only allowed registrations and transfers, then it would be slightly easier as you could check that the product & domains arrays had at least one matching domain... though the template (via Smarty variables) wouldn't know whether a product required a domain or not... if you were using own/subdomains too, then that complicates it as then the domain array would be empty, so they could easily order using their own domain of google.com (or whatever) and it would be nigh on impossible to prove it to be an invalid domain during the cart process.

you could open a ticket with support and see if they think it's a bug... though it can't realistically be one as i'm sure this is how WHMCS has worked for years... and WHMCS always define a bug as the software not working as intended (even if their intension is bizarre!)

I might have a further ponder on this at the weekend, but off the top of my head, I can't see a simple easy solution.... you could certainly just remove the 'edit' and 'remove' links in checkout, but I assume you don't want to go that far and are looking for a more selective solution.

How can I make the example.info as the main domain for that hosting account instead of the example.net?

from WHMCS point of view, you could go into the customers profile, hit the products tab, choose this product from the dropdown and then in the domain dropdown, change example.com to example.info

• 2 weeks later...