Freenom reseller module problem

Hello,

I have problem with running module from freenom.

Im reseller i deposited 10$ but i want offer only free domains to my free hosting plans.

They have this:

TK-CF-GA-ML Free Domain Configuration

Before you setup Free Domains as an add-on for a product or service, you need to configure a product or service. You can do so under Admin Panel, Setup, Products/Services, Products/Services.

Once setup, you will see a Free Domain tab:

How i can setup it as addon? When i click to product addons i cant see freedom as option to add...

When i setup it withotu this addon if i good understand it and i try register free domain i have in whmcs this:

Automatic Domain Registration Suppressed as Domain Is Already Active

But when i try register it in freenom.com it is free.. BTW as client registration press my site complete without any issues i have all emails about paid order about sucessfull creation of my order about account in cpanel about sucessfull domain registration but result is domain si unregistered...

which version of WHMCS are you using? because on the freenom download page it says...

Freenom WHMCS module version 1.10

With this latest WHMCS module you enable your billing engine to register Freenom domains. With WHMCS version 5.x Free Domain registrations are only supported in combination with a product or service. This MIGHT change in WHMCS version 6.x. All paid domains, including all cost price domains, can be registered with this WHMCS module. Get a Freenom Reseller account today and enjoy the lowest domain pricing in the market today

Freenom WHMCS module version 1.7

This WHMCS module is for WHMCS 7.0.0 and up. This Freenom registrar module will fix a number of issues in the previous version. Free domains are not supported in this module yet. All paid domains, including all cost price domains, can be registered with this WHMCS module. Get a Freenom Reseller account today and enjoy the lowest domain pricing in the market today.

so if you're using WHMCS v5, you'll need to create a dummy product if you want to sell .tk as free domains with them...

if you're using v7, then as Chris suggests, you'll need to set it up in Domain Pricing - but they won't be free domains.

reading the PDF in the v1.7 download, it says..

This module supports Free domains as an add-on for an existing product or service but not as a standalone product, we hope to add this option in the near future though.

Furthermore Special Domains are not supported in WHMCS at this stage. All Freenom accounts have support for Special Domains, but we have this disabled by default. Please contact your account manager to enable this support. Be careful: please do not use Special Domains with the same account as you use with your WHMCS install.

In short: WHMCS works fine with regular paid domains: domains sold at a fixed price. It also works with Free Domains, but only as an add-on for an existing product or service.

TK-CF-GA-GQ-ML Free Domain Configuration (addon service)

For products you want to supply a Free Domain name with, you need to:

i. Select "Offer a free domain registration/transfer and free renewal (if product is renewed)"

ii. Select the same Free Domain Payment Terms as billing cycle of the product/service.

Examples:

That means that if the product/service is set to One Time, the Free Domain Payment Terms should be set to One Time.

If the product/service is set to Recurring, Quarterly, the Free Domain Payment Terms should be set to Quarterly.

Please note that with a free product/service no free domain can be provided, as the 'Free' option is not available under Free Domain Payment Terms.

iii. Select which domains you want to provide for free.

Once setup as above your customers can select a domain with the product/service using the availability check. When selecting a domain that is provided at no charge, first the regular amount will be shown to the customer, with on the next screen this amount deducted in the order.

in other words, I think you just need to setup a product (not a product addon) that requires a domain, add .tk as a free domain option and give the product a price - it looks as though the product can't be free if you want to offer free .tk domains (if my reading of the above is correct)... though I daresay contacting freenom's support will be able to provide you with more detail about what to do.

I would doubt that there would be another free option from elsewhere... even if you could use the whois, I doubt it would be able to tell you whether a domain is paid or free... it looks like only freenom's API can do that, so if you want to offer free .tk domains without the need for a product, you may need to pay a developer to write a freenom API addon module for you... you can find interested developers by posting in the Service Offers & Requests forum.

it looks like freenom have a relationship with .tk - possibly even the same company that's running the TLD. :?:

if so, I doubt you'll be able to get free .tk domains from elsewhere... paid domains yes, but not free.

to use the API with WHMCS, you'd need to get a developer to write an addon module for you as I mentioned previously.